Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
gamefreaks365

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote

My site, running PHP Nuke 7.3, has been getting this error ever since we switched servers a month ago: "Could not connect to mysql." All of the MySQL information in the config.php file is correct. You can see the error on the homepage. At the suggestion of another forum, I uploaded two scripts: test.php and analyze.php. The connection to MySQL was all successful.

The only modules from the PHP-Nuke database tables that appear to be missing are nuke_access, nuke_banlist and nuke_categories, but that shouldn't bring up a "Could not connect to mysql" error and they might not even be part of Nuke 7.3. Everything in the database was uploaded from a SQL backup file that I had on another server. NukeSentinel is the only non-standard module that I have and was told that it may be trying to connect and cause the error. What are your thoughts and how do you completely uninstall NukeSentinel? Thank you.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:14 pm Reply with quote

this seems like its a mainfile issue...and it might be wise to upload a backup of ur mainfile...do u have one?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote

The only backup I have of any of the files from the FTP are the ones I downloaded when we switched servers a month ago. The mainfile.php that I have on my hard drive should be the same as the one on the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

gregexp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:24 pm Reply with quote

have u tried reuploading it?

and it worked be4 u changed servers

gregexp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quote

see mainfile calls on the config file for the variables to connect to the sql database...now if the SAME connect code works for ANY script u test...then it should work for nuke...there is an error somewhere and the mainfile is the best and most obvious place to begin..as it is 95% chance of it being the problem

gamefreaks365

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:27 am Reply with quote

This is really weird. I managed to get the admin.php file working by uploading all of the original PHP-Nuke 7.3 files into the FTP root (excluding config.php) and I had problems logging in, which had to do with .htaccess, but now my only problem is getting the homepage to work. As you can see from this review page, the site works. You can click any of the links and they will work, except the homepage. I don't know what to do now. Crying or Very sad

RickJ
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote

please ignore Smile

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:28 am Reply with quote

RickJ wrote:
please ignore Smile

Why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic