Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
allensimpson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quote

Hey all, new here and I'm hitting a wall, and not sure if it's an easy fix or not. Some old buddies of mine had a phpnuke website with the banner modules 1.0 installed. I just started my own with version 7.9 and installed the same module. Although it says for use with 6.0, it seems to work fine, until you try and add a new client. After you fill out the form and submit it, it seems to loop back to the form without adding anything to the database. Is this a version compatibility issue? Is there something I can change to make this work? Please be gentle as I'm not a coder by any means. I just find it and change it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Al

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:05 am Reply with quote

Al, we all feel for your pain in this. That's my gentle way of saying that, while I hope someone else here can help with this issue, you are dealing with two pieces of software that most of us don't have expertise with; PHPnuke 7.9 and the banner modules.

Ravennuke 2.10, which is due out soon, will incorporate an advertising module which may do what you want. I'm not experienced with that module but I am sure that the Ravennuke team will be fully supporting it once it's out. Right now most of us don't even have a copy of the software you are mentioning to look into the problem, even if we could find the time.

Sorry to not be more help than that and, as I said, maybe there is someone here who can step in and help.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:16 am Reply with quote

At a guess its probably the tiny_mce editor or as fkelly indicated, an version incompatibility issue.
I won't use anything above 7.6 for security reasons so I'm afraid I cannot be much more help than that.

allensimpson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:11 am Reply with quote

Okay, thanks for the replies. I'll have to figure something else out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic