Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
posword
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:40 pm Reply with quote

I've installed RavenNuke full 20202 in a /raven directory on my production server, by copying the files from my local machine and then running the quick start installation. It said everything was ok.

However, when I try to access the site, step 10 of the Quick Start instructions, I get a beautiful white screen. On checking the source, I see only the header lines.

When trying to access admin.php, I simply cycle through the login dialog.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Peter

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:07 am Reply with quote

well obviously something went wrong,or you forgot something...
i suggest you check everything.
make sure the whole database is there,turn on error reporting in config....
and check if files are not corrupted during upload..
if everything fails start over by uploading it again.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that not all your files were FTP'd correctly. I would try that again first, using binary mode for the transfer type, and re-FTP the whole "shootin' match"...

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:43 am Reply with quote

i hope u use a client to upload into the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] so ...try this

I am thinking that if possible upload the zip version u have...one big file...less chance that something might get distorted or not uploaded all the way

then in cpanel...file manager will give u the option of unzipping it all

then using an ftp client(same on u upload with)highlight all the files of ur nuke, select move files, then type in the directory u want em to goto

I have always done thie personally to eliminate the possibility of such a problem..hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:02 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, hitwalker. I turned on error reporting and found that I had failed to upload the theme fisubice, in my "infinite wisdom" only loading the theme I wanted to use.

So now I have a Home Page, but when I go to admin.php I am just looped through the login dialog, even though I have the correct username/password combination. I deleted the entry in nuke_authors to reset it to God/admin but the same result.

Is this something to do with the blockers which I see have already been set?

Thanks,
Peter

montego

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:08 am Reply with quote

This has been covered before. You probably have a special character in the password...

posword

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
This has been covered before. You probably have a special character in the password...

No, just standard a-z.

I've checked the database tables and there is no banning going on there, only some entried in tracked_ips, which are all my attempts. Since I haven't been able to login as admin, I haven't got to make any preferences in Nuke Sentinel.

I've done a search on the forums and cannot find anything on admin login failures, etc. If it has been covered before, it is well hidden.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Peter

montego

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:06 am Reply with quote

Ok, was hoping it was the easy one... Wink Again, are you certain that ALL RavenNuke76 files were uploaded properly, or did you only upload the theme because that is what the errors from display errors told you was missing? I am still thinking that might be it especially since I believe you said all the database creation steps went smoothly.

Quote:

I deleted the entry in nuke_authors to reset it to God/admin but the same result.

This one bothers me a bit too. You first say that you deleted your God admin from nuke_authors (it should have been the only entry in there if the setup.php step went smoothly. How did you get the admin login back into nuke_authors?

posword

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:25 pm Reply with quote

montego, thanks for your reply. How certain can you be that all files were uploaded properly? I'm using my normal FTP client which has not failed me yet! (I have used PHP-Nuke since 6.5 so I am well accustomed to FTP and phpMyAdmin. My live 7.3 site is now so secure even I can't get in! I have to make changes via phpMyAdmin, hence my attempt to get Raven 7.6 running.)

I did not reload all files... only the missing theme and admin.php, index.php, mainfile.php and modules.php. Yes, the installation went smoothly and all Raven notices said so, and I believe Raven!

Re nuke_authors: There was only one entry in the table, which I deleted. Since I still could not get in, I reinstated the entry from my live 7.3 site in phpMyAdmin, since the details were identical. I don't really think that's the problem.

While typing this, I wonder could it be anything to do with the AuthUserFile in .htaccess which I have set to /home/public_html/raven/.staccess ? Or does this need the domain name? The other entries are: AuthName "Restricted" -- AuthType Basic.

Cheers,
Peter

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:10 am Reply with quote

Quote:

While typing this, I wonder could it be anything to do with the AuthUserFile in .htaccess which I have set to /home/public_html/raven/.staccess ? Or does this need the domain name? The other entries are: AuthName "Restricted" -- AuthType Basic.

No, this all should have worked without any changes to .htaccess / .staccess changes because NukeSentinel is not using it yet and if these were not allowed within your environment, I believe you would have gotten a different error.

By the way, are you running Apache? If so, what version?

Also, check in the nuke_users table to see if you have duplicate usernames. I realize that this table has nothing to do with the admin login, but am addressing another potential issue that you describe further above and this can happen if you run setup.php more than once.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:30 am Reply with quote

If you copy/pasted your god admin user/pass from another DB you might want to ensure you did not inadvertantly include a space character at the end of the username etc.

posword

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:48 pm Reply with quote

montego, Apache is 1.3.34, hosted by site5.com. And PHP 4.4.2.

I have two users in muke_users: Anonymous and myself. No duplicates.

Guardian2003: Yes, checked ok in both nuke_users and nuke_authors. In nuke-authors aid = myusername; name = God. I presume that is correct?

On advice from hitwalker and others, I think perhaps the next step is to wipe it clean and do a fresh install online, rather than uploading my local files as I did.

Cheers,
Peter Sad

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:50 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, you could try that. With so many successful installs under everyone's belts, we just have not seen many problems with this. It could be your server environment, but so far, from what you have posted and tried, I just don't know what to tell you. My best advice was to re-FTP everything with your FTP client forced into binary mode. That is the advice Raven gives as well, yet you have not done so.

Giving a fresh installation a try couldn't hurt... starting with re-FTP'ing the whole shootin' match... Wink

posword

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, everybody. After spending two hours uploading all the files (I can't believe Raven thinks we need two lots of country flags!), and doing the installation this morning, my previous problems have disappeared. I can now login to Admin and also Nuke Security.

Thanks, everybody, for your suggestions!

Cheers,
Peter

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

I can't believe Raven thinks we need two lots of country flags!

Each module stands on its own. That's nuke. Has nothing to do with Raven.

Watch yourself before I Smack

ROTFL

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote

look out..its gone to montegos head..... ROTFL

Just kidding.

posword

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:24 am Reply with quote

Yep, montego is right, of course. Pity PHP-Nuke didn't put the country flags in the main images folder. But then its a pity security gets worse not better!

I've left with two concerns:

1. I have no security numbers displaying in the admin.php dialog box, just words. Fortunately I can turn it off in config.php. Should I be concerned about security, or does Nuke Sentinel help me sleep at night? I believe there are postings about this, but I never did get it to work offline on my home computer.

2. Once in the Control Panel, and clicking on Nuke Sentinel, it has yet to ask me for a password. Should I be concerned about this, or is it only required when trying to save changes?

Cheers,
Peter

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:33 am Reply with quote

Quote:

1. I have no security numbers displaying in the admin.php dialog box, just words. Fortunately I can turn it off in config.php. Should I be concerned about security, or does Nuke Sentinel help me sleep at night? I believe there are postings about this, but I never did get it to work offline on my home computer.

Is it working on your external web site? (What I would call your "production" web site?) If so and it still is not working locally, then you may not have GD enabled on your local machine. You need to make sure it is not commented out in php.ini ("extension=php_gd2.dll" is the line I believe). You may also need to copy over the php_gd2.dll into the root of the php4 path.

2. Once in the Control Panel, and clicking on Nuke Sentinel, it has yet to ask me for a password. Should I be concerned about this, or is it only required when trying to save changes?

This is definitely NOT good. You need to have either HTTPAuth or CGIAuth setup properly in order to protect your admin access.

posword

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote

Hi, montego,

No, it is not working on my production web site. I have it setup in a separate folder like /root/raven and so its not actually in use, just testing, and I'll transfer it when its safe. Since its a hosted site, I checked the phpinfo and it says...

'./configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-xml' '--with-mm' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--with-curl' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-kerberos' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mm' '--with-mysqli' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--enable-discard-path' '--with-pear' '--with-pspell' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-wddx' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-zip' '--with-zlib'

So "with GD" is there. And "ServerAPI = CGI". What I don't understand is that when I go to the page source of admin.php, the generated number is there, but even when I type that into the security code field, it still rejects it.

I've now uncommented the CGIAuth in the .htaccess file, and I get the error message: "This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required." I tried in it in Firefox and IE6.

ADDED:
My error log shows "could not open password file: .staccess", but I checked and the permissions are set to 777.

So I was better able to get in with the CGIAuth commented out in .htaccess. I have now commented these lines out so I can continue testing modules.

Since I could not get into admin.php with CGIAuth, I do not know whether that had any effect on Nuke Sentinel asking me for a password.

Thanks for your help.
Peter

Last edited by posword on Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total 
gregexp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:58 pm Reply with quote

u see i think ur at a stand point..i think this is a server issue and needs to be addressed with ur host...as i said be4 not how much u pay...but what u pay for!!!

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:17 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I am no help with CGIAuth.

Regarding GD, see if this helps:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

posword

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:04 am Reply with quote

montego, thanks for all your input.

Actually, I'm convinced GD is working, as my Nuke 7.3 with Union Tap beta 3 is showing the security code on admin.php on the same server. So the problem lies in the realm of 7.6 or the patches or the effects of Nuke Sentinel.

Cheers,
Peter

posword

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote

darklord wrote:
u see i think ur at a stand point..i think this is a server issue and needs to be addressed with ur host...as i said be4 not how much u pay...but what u pay for!!!

Well, darklord, since my Nuke 7.3 with beta 3 of Union Tap has been running for two months on the same server with the security code showing on admin.php, I can't see the logic in saying its a server issue. I would not have started this whole affair unless I'd been hacked. Its still running and I'm still open to hacking, which is why I tried RavenNuke 7.6 Full.

I am certainly at a standstill and will have to move on.

Thanks for your help,
Peter

posword

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:14 am Reply with quote

montego, one final attempt.

There's nothing in my .staccess file. Can I not add the correct authorization there? If so, what format does it take?

The reason I'm looking at this is because it keeps showing in my error logs "cannot open the file". The file has 666 permissions and is empty.

Peter

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:37 am Reply with quote

You said in one post above that you were able to get into your site by editing out the CGIAuth in .htaccess so your server seems to be able to use it and read it.
What I cannot explain is why you are getting that error in your error log - provided the file is actually there and named correctly.
Is there an IP address associated with the attempt to open that file?
If there is and it is not the servers IP or your own IP that would indicate someone trying to access the file directly and the error would therefore be correct as it should not be readable to anything else.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic