Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
tommytomato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:31 am Reply with quote

by direct editing the file using a shell account, WinSCP3

seem to be ok now

TT

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:32 pm Reply with quote

Very good. Thanks for letting us know.

Ant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:34 pm Reply with quote

My turn to be the idiot now!!

I've banned myself from my site and can't get back in!

I had 2 instances of the site open, 1 in the admin section and 1 on the main page. What I had done is logged out of admin, but forgot and clicked on the "Block" icon in the admin section. I got a black screen straight away saying i'm permenently banned.

I've deleted my ip from the .htaccess file and gone into PhpMyAdmin. There I found nuke_nsnst_blocked_ips, but when I click it I can't see my ip anywhere. I've tried getting back into my site but still no joy.

Can anyone help me please and tell me where my ip should be in the nuke_nsnst_blocked_ips, i've only just got this great program working and don't want to start again Embarassed

Ant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote

Found it!!! Knew I should have stopped panicking for a minute and looked!

craeyon
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:59 am Reply with quote

Alright for some reason nukesentinel blocked me when i hit the "logout" to logout from super admin.....thanks. For the first time i got the black screen with all the white text... you know the lingo. After that i got this message.

Code:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

ok so i delete the entry from the sql table and check my htaccess (acctaully i dont even know which htaccess to look for..) there is nothing in there that shuld block me from entering that site but i kepp getting that error whn i go to my site. When go behind a proxy i can see my site. But with my ip i cant... and the reason because i don't want to work behind a proxy is well because loading a php site from a proxy server sitting in brazil is a pain. Actually, its just a pain in general.

uh..may i ask what might be wrong and how shud i fix this? Very Happy

my site is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:29 pm Reply with quote

If you have removed your IP from the htaccess file (its in the same location as mainfile.php and config.ph) and also removed you IP from the banned table via phpmyadmin then you should have any problems accessing your site.
If you ARE still having problems the check your Sentinel configuration (make sure your IP is in the protected range).

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:54 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

craeyon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote

OK thanks guys but i forgot to check my Cpanel's Deny IP List lol! i feel retarded...

oyjord
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quote

Hi all,

I found my blocked IP in nsnst_blocked_ips, but I've no clue how to edit it out. Any quick tips on how to use phpmyadmin to edit the entry? Which tab do I do it in: Browse, Structure, SQL, Search, etc?

Thanks a bunch,
Oy.

oyjord

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Bah, I edit my IP out of the table using phpmyadmin, but I'm still blocked. Must be an .htaccess entry, too.

But which .htaccess? There are bunches of them on my site.

Thanks again,
Oy.

[edit: got it, was in root dir, thanks!]

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:02 am Reply with quote

Glad to hear it.....Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
drdan01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:53 am Reply with quote

(Added....I love this process -- all you have to do is come here, post that you're an idiot and then you suddenly find the problem yourself. Figured out what .htaccess was and where and sure enough, there I was. All seems to be fine now other than not understanding why it happened to begin with!)

Raven said:
"Use phpMyAdmin and delete your IP from the nsnst_banned_ip (might be named nsnst_blocked_ip) table. If you write to .htaccess then delete your IP there also."

Okay, apparently this is the right place to show up and declare yourself an idiot of sorts -- I'm also banned but am having problems resolving that.

I was doing a minor change to a block from home (static IP) to change out a Flash top menu bar and for whatever reason got banned (Reason: Abuse-Script). I did go in to nsnst_blocked_ip and found my IP and removed it. I don't know what "write to .htaccess" means but assume that I'd know if I did it (?). Still found myself unable to access my site. I then used remote access on my office computer (different static IP) to access Sentinel....and checked that I'm not listed there. I then went in and added my IP to the Protected Ranges...and still cannot access the site. Also for the heck of it checked nuke_banned_ip and nothing there.

I have once before (from the office IP) had something similar happen, and was able to figure out on my own how to find nsnst_blocked_ip and found my IP and removed it and had no problem. So I'm at a loss as to what I'm missing this time.

Is it the .htaccess that I should check and if so where/what is it and how do you check it? Other than that what the heck am I missing???

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quote

htaccess is in the sites root - the same place where config.php and mainfile.php lives.
If you look in there for your IP you will probably see it Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic