Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
Snotrocket

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quote

Just downloaded Ravens script pack today. Very very nice btw. Saved me a ton of time and has taught me alot along it's installation path today.

The only problem I'm having is getting the forums to work.

When I click on the forum link on the left hand side table to access the forums or click the forums option in the admin panel I get this error message.

phpBB : Critical Error

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'nukedb11.nuke_bbsessions_keys' doesn't exist

SELECT u.* FROM nuke_users u, nuke_bbsessions_keys k WHERE u.user_id = 2 AND u.user_active = 1 AND k.user_id = u.user_id AND k.key_id = 'eadc3ea6586c86baa348b734ba12d066'

Line : 93
File : sessions.php

Any help with this would be appreciatted.

As a side note when I get the forums up and running can I import a database backup from a different PhPBB forum?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Snotrocket wrote:
Just downloaded Ravens script pack today. Very very nice btw. Saved me a ton of time and has taught me alot along it's installation path today.

The only problem I'm having is getting the forums to work.

When I click on the forum link on the left hand side table to access the forums or click the forums option in the admin panel I get this error message.

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'nukedb11.nuke_bbsessions_keys' doesn't exist

SELECT u.* FROM nuke_users u, nuke_bbsessions_keys k WHERE u.user_id = 2 AND u.user_active = 1 AND k.user_id = u.user_id AND k.key_id = 'eadc3ea6586c86baa348b734ba12d066'

Line : 93

Any help with this would be appreciatted.

As a side note when I get the forums up and running can I import a database backup from a different PhPBB forum?

Please use phpMyAdmin and verify that the table nuke_bbsessions_keys does not exist. If it truly does not, then the installation didn't work correctly. Use this code to create the table

Code:
CREATE TABLE `nuke_bbsessions_keys` (

`key_id` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '0',
  `user_id` mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
  `last_ip` varchar(8) NOT NULL default '0',
  `last_login` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`key_id`,`user_id`),
  KEY `last_login` (`last_login`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

Snotrocket

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:46 pm Reply with quote

the table nuke_bbsessions_keys did not exist so I ran the code you gave me and now I'm getting a different error.

Quote:

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'session_admin' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO nuke_bbsessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('40900c7c0896a46c39b8ec7e17697767', '1', '1135363925', '1135363925', 'cdd15336', '0', '0', '0')

Line : 220

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:17 pm Reply with quote

Use
Code:

ALTER TABLE nuke_bbsessions ADD COLUMN session_admin tinyint(2) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

Did you try and use Raven's package on a current phpNuke 7.6 database? That could be why you are missing these table changes

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Raven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:20 pm Reply with quote

Thanks EV. I thought I copied that from the RN76 package but I must not have.

Snotrocket

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:55 pm Reply with quote

no it was a fresh MySql database.

Now they are kind of working.

Here is a screenshot to show what I mean.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I can login to the admin part of the forums but when I go to view, or anyone goes to view for that matter thats what we get.

"This board has no forums"

Thanks for everyones help so far.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:04 pm Reply with quote

You have to create your forums Smile

Snotrocket

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:45 pm Reply with quote

I'm getting that error after I have already created my forums in PhPBB.

I'm very familiar with PhPBB but with it's integration into this nuke distro it has a ton of errors. I've reinstalled everything multiple times recreating my MySQL db every time fresh and come up with multiple things not working.

What is the process for upgrading PhPBB? It is the same process as having PhPBB by itself?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:50 pm Reply with quote

Tons of errors? I have installed this many times and it has been installed by hundreds of others with no errors. I'm not being defensive, just stating the facts. There are no errors in a fresh installation that I am aware of. I have not altered ANYTHING that has to do with the forums other than applied patch level 3.1. RN76 has not altered the base Nuke 7.6 other than for the patches. The integration is 100% the same as if you d/l phpnuke v7.6 from phpnuke.org.

Since you have had problems right from the beginning, I would recommend dropping the database, deleting all files, and starting over. Something has gone wrong with your FTP would be my guess.

Snotrocket

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:48 pm Reply with quote

It's definitely something I'm doing. I'm a noobie at this kind of thing and excpected some problems.

Thank you for your time.

evaders99

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:07 am Reply with quote

Note: You CANNOT use the original phpBB files to upgrade your forums in phpNuke. You must use the BBToNuke files from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Snotrocket

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:24 am Reply with quote

I can't get my forums working properly to start so I haven't tried anything that drastic.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:42 am Reply with quote

There is nothing to upgrade in phpbb in the distro. It is already at 2.0.18. That "error" in the jpg you posted is not an error. That is the programmed message that all users get when any phpnuke package is installed. You must then go to the Forum admin control panel and create the forums and set the permissions. If you have already done that and still get that message, then I would believe that your database is still not right and/or not all your files have been ftp'd. If you haven't already, turn $display_errors = true; in config.php and review your server error_log to see if anything else is being revealed.

Snotrocket

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote

That one error I got with PhPBB not recognizing the forums I created was a bug I beleive I created myself installing the MSql database files. I'm a super noobie when it comes to nuke so I know all of my problems are with something I'm doing and not with the distro itself.

That being said I've installed fresh (meaning new database and ALL new Raven's nuke files and have failed to get a 100 percent working install. I've done a clean install 7 times now and 5 times out of the 7 everything was working 100 percent accept maybe ten or so things in PhPBB not working correctly such as user registration, redirecting to the wrong pages and assortted errors.

I'll get this figured out eventually I'm not a quitter:)

Thanks for all your time Raven I look forward to seeing responses to my questions in my inbox.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic