Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
Preach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote

I am having big problems with no emails sent out after registration on the website. Last week it took 8 hours to get their email activation but now they can't recieved any at all. It includes my Vwar registration too.
I have just installed Ravens resend email so I can activate their emails manually.

I have Ravens Phpnuke 6.7 Patched 3.1
Nukesentinel 2.4.2

I currently have no forums running through the site yet. but I dont see this as the problem as emails were working a while ago.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm very frustrated. I'm new to phpnuke and I have no idea whats going on.
Thanks

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:18 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
but I dont see this as the problem as emails were working a while ago.
There are several reasons for email problems.With a forum you get private messages email notification and notification about new posts.
Are your email settings still the same for the administrator- email:? Any upgrades or other changes ?
And how about the Nukesentinel mails ?

btw:Is Nuke 6.7 and NukeSentinel 2.4.2 working well ? Laughing Or a you talking about 7.6.

Preach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote

NukeSentinel email is not working either I just tried it now.
Sorry its Phpnuke 7.6 not 6.7

there was no upgrades yet as this is a new fresh install.

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Should work with a new install. I know its frustrating if the nuke mail system doesn´t work and it´s very seldom that there are missing arguments in the code like I had before in my notification pm email.Often are the email settings not proper. You should check your settings again.

Of course NukeSentinel needs also settings to send emails(NukeSentinel General Settings ->Admin contacts [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and in the NukeSentinel configuration the blocker settings like email, block and default page.

For example in Nuke administration menu preferences Administrator-email:admin@mysite.com
Default Single Account:mysite.com
Default:POP 3 MailServer:mail:mysite.com

And in the forum configuration the email administrator:webmaster@mysite.com
there are also settings for SMTP Server address, SMTP username,SMTP password.

If you search for email here in the forums you ´ll find some posts about email problems. I found this very interesting:

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I am also using resend_email. It´s very helpful and I quess it´s one of the best admin tools I´ve ever installed. We have a game community but I´m not using VWar.

dcasmr
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:52 pm Reply with quote

I suggest you use Raven's auto-registration hack instead on relying on Nuke to send confirmations e-mails for two reasons.

1. Even if Nuke's e-mail works, the message ends up most of the time in the Bulks accounts that most people never check.

2. Many newbies simply delete the Nuke long strings of confirmation e-mails or may take days to access their e-mails accounts.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic