Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
xplicit_behavior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote

FIXED (i think)
my email server requires a password
.'. i have to use no mail hax to activate user acounts
these were worknig fine however, i decided to install nukesentinel,(to do this i also installed nuke patched 3.1 at the same time)
nuke sentinel worked fine(eventually), however as i fancied getting some users on my forum i tried reinstalling my nomail hack and now not the entire your acount system is blocked off
my info

my setup:
php-nuke 7.7
phpBB 2.0.14 (this is configured seperatly and can send emails)
vwar v1.5 R9 BlackBox V2
PHP v4.3.10
MySQL 4.0.20a-nt

i know that i have 4 options to solve this problem however as i have only been using nuke for five days and need considerable explanation to do any of them:
1)find a mail hax that works with sentinal
this sounds too easy and ive given up looking
EDIT:it apears i quit too soon i came across cnb your_acount today and found feature that is bearly mentioned of no mail support

2)change files so that sentinal works with my nomail hax
i have ofcourse tried folowing the core edits on the nomail hax but this has no effect ( unless i did sunnit wrong)

3)chaning php-nuke so it will send emails to passworded servers
i think this needs somthing called pear but im not sure if i can do this as i dont have root access

4)uninstall sentinal alltogether and find some other adiquate protection?

could some1 please either help me achive one of these goals or atleast tell me which one is easiest

Last edited by xplicit_behavior on Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote

How have you determined what the cause of the problem is? Are you guessing or do you have error messages that point to NukeSentinel? An easy way to determine if NukeSentinel is causing your problem is to comment out the include statements for NukeSentinel in your mainfile.php file. If you comment those out and you can then perfrom whatever it is that isn't working, then that would point the finger at a conflict with NukeSentinel. However, if you comment all the includes out and you still have the problem, then you will need to look elsewhere.

xplicit_behavior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote

not a gues so much as a deduction based on the fact i had 2 edit sereral files including my your acount
phpnuke + all stuf + no-mail = nomail
phpnuke(edit) + all stuf + sentinal = mail
phpnuke(edit) + all stuf + sentinal + no-mail = no acount
i will edot mainfile but doubt it will let no-mail work as i belive it is an error cuased by the change in references caused by patch3.1

erm im now running CNB your_acount
however if anybody could instruct me abowt using PEAR without root access is it possible?
p.s thanks raven for the quick reply and hosting the CNB forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic