Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - Other
Mamasita
Client

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I need help with adding an old forum to a html template. The forum was on an old phpnuke website and we are trying to keep the 265 users instead of making a new forum. The new site will be on the same server. I've seen on other site how they have the forum on the same page instead of having a different url. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Smile

boardmerlin
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote

would frames work?

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:30 pm Reply with quote

you could try frames or try ursite.xxx/forums, id personally let scripts library install it..now export all the nuke_bbforums tables plus users.now remove the nuke part (nuke_bbforums_posts) u want _bbforums_post or what ever the new prefix is to the database your forums call on.
now insert those tables in the new sql database that scripts library made, ....when exporting..id check the add drop table. this will let u keep all the forums and old post and dont forget to make sure u extract users.
now if ur scripts library does not contain a phpbb in it...lpls post that so i dont go into too much detail...now as for the not changeing of the url....forms will do it but it will be small...and if u use the correct browser language...css (i believe...i may be mistakin). the webmaster may have it refer to another page without the url changing in your browser. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is an excellent source for learning about web page design and such

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - Other

View next topic
View previous topic