Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account
BellorAnima

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:44 am Reply with quote

I don't know what's going on here... As far as I know, I've followed the installation notes to the letter. Whenever I attempt to register a test account, everything goes through properly. It says that the account has been activated and logged in. (Email activation is turned off, by the way.) However, it won't let the account log in. It shows up on the user lists as a valid member, but when I try to log in on that account, it says that it isn't there.

When I go to the member list, the module is adding an ' to the end of the user name, so I'm not sure what else it's doing to it.

Any ideas on what I may have done wrong?

BellorAnima

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:50 am Reply with quote

Oh, and even if I modify the user account to pull out the ' things, it still says that it's not there. It's also adding the ' to the email address. Nuke 7.6 and the latest CNB, by the way. Not sure if that matters.

Also, if I deactivate users, they still show up in the member lists, which further enforces my idea that I did something wrong.

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:08 am Reply with quote

Did you get the 750 4.4.0 b2 version and the extra fixes posted in the known bugs thread?

BellorAnima

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:55 am Reply with quote

Yes, I have that button. I had not applied the patches because I wasn't using any of the functionalities that they were for. I applied the patches, but it made no difference, since none of them applied to this situation.

If I turn on email activation, it doesn't put the ' in the user name, but it also doesn't send the email. I tried registering several times and even resending the email. There's probably a forum somewhere down there for it.

Another point of interest is that after deactivating a user, if you click on "Return to Start Page", the query field is blank. After confirming to remove a user, though, the query field retains your search term. Is this working as designed?

Is it absolutely necessary to deactivate a user before removing them? Why is there not an option to just remove them without having to deactivate first?

Also, if I set the security code to display more than eight characters, it does actually display them, but it's truncated because the blue field isn't large enough to hold them all.

The last thing I noticed is that after installing this module, unless they're on the home page, my users can't log in. They can click the "Login" button all day, and it just takes them back to the login page. If they click the "Home Link" and log in from the "Who's Online" module, it works fine.

So I've applied all of the patches and followed (even rechecked and reinstalled) the installation information and settings, and I'm making no progress. My site is, for all intents, dead. There's obviously something installed somewhere that the CNB mod just doesn't like. All I wanted to do was bypass the email registration for those users too stupid to click "Finish" so that Nuke could send the email, but it's really not worth all this. I'm just going to restore the site from a back up.

Best of luck with the mod, it has a lot of potential.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:04 am Reply with quote

Well I don't know what to tell you there. It does sound like there is a conflict to me but without more info its pretty hard for me to tell you how to fix it. Which is too bad because chances are someone else will run into the same situation. If you change your mind let me know and I'd be glad to take a look at it this evening.

Mesum
Useless

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:21 am Reply with quote

Try replacing your newfinish3.php, current code to this one and see what happens:

Code:

<?php

/*********************************************************************************/
/* CNB Your Account: An Advanced User Management System for phpnuke           */
/* ============================================                               */
/*                                                                            */
/* Copyright (c) 2004 by Comunidade PHP Nuke Brasil                           */
/* http://dev.phpnuke.org.br & http://www.phpnuke.org.br                      */
/*                                                                            */
/* Contact author: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]                                    */
/* International Support Forum: http://ravenphpscripts.com/forum76.html       */
/* This program is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify       */
/* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by       */
/* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License.             */
/*********************************************************************************/
/* CNB Your Account it the official successor of NSN Your Account by Bob Marion   */

if (!eregi("modules.php", $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) {
   header("Location: ../../../index.php");
   die ();
}
if (!defined('CNBYA')) { echo "CNBYA protection"; exit; }

include("header.php");
$ya_user_email = strtolower($ya_user_email);

// menelaos: changed security code function to reflect default phpnuke settings
//      if (extension_loaded("gd") AND $code != $gfx_check AND ($ya_config['usegfxcheck'] == 1 OR $ya_config['usegfxcheck'] == 3)) {
   $user_regdate = date("M d, Y");
   if (!isset($stop))
   {
      $datekey = date("F j");
      $rcode = hexdec(md5($_SERVER[HTTP_USER_AGENT] . $sitekey . $random_num . $datekey));
      $code = substr($rcode, 2, $ya_config['codesize']);
      if (extension_loaded("gd") AND $code != $gfx_check AND ($ya_config['usegfxcheck'] == 1 OR $ya_config['usegfxcheck'] == 3))
      {
         Header("Location: modules.php?name=$module_name");
         die();
      }
      $new_password = md5($user_password);
      $ya_username = ya_fixtext($ya_username);
      $ya_user_email = ya_fixtext($ya_user_email);
      $realname = ya_fixtext($realname);
      // menelaos: I see no use for the next line. It's better to leave it empty so we can ask users later on to fill in the field
      //      if($realname == "") { $realname = $ya_username; }
      $femail = ya_fixtext($femail);
      $user_website = check_html($user_website);
      if (!eregi("http://", $user_website) AND $user_website != "") { $user_website = "http://$user_website"; }
      $bio = str_replace("<br>", "\r\n", $bio);
      $bio = ya_fixtext($bio);
      $user_sig = str_replace("<br>", "\r\n", $user_sig);
      $user_sig = ya_fixtext($user_sig);
      $user_icq = ya_fixtext($user_icq);
      $user_aim = ya_fixtext($user_aim);
      $user_yim = ya_fixtext($user_yim);
      $user_msnm = ya_fixtext($user_msnm);
      $user_occ = ya_fixtext($user_occ);
      $user_from = ya_fixtext($user_from);
      $user_interests = ya_fixtext($user_interests);
      $user_dateformat = ya_fixtext($user_dateformat);
      $newsletter = intval($newsletter);
      $user_viewemail = intval($user_viewemail);
      $user_allow_viewonline = intval($user_allow_viewonline);
      $user_timezone = intval($user_timezone);
      list($newest_uid) = $db->sql_fetchrow($db->sql_query("SELECT max(user_id) AS newest_uid FROM ".$user_prefix."_users"));
      if ($newest_uid == "-1") { $new_uid = 1; } else { $new_uid = $newest_uid+1; }
      $lv = time();
      $result = $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$user_prefix."_users (user_id, name, username, user_email, user_avatar, user_regdate, user_viewemail, user_password, user_lang, user_lastvisit) VALUES ($new_uid, '$ya_username', '$ya_username', '$ya_user_email', 'gallery/blank.gif', '$user_regdate', '0', '$new_password', '$language', '$lv')");
      if ((count($nfield) > 0) AND ($result))
      {
         foreach ($nfield as $key => $var)
         {
            $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$user_prefix."_cnbya_value (uid, fid, value) VALUES ('$new_uid', '$key','$nfield[$key]')");
         }
      }
      $db->sql_query("LOCK TABLES ".$user_prefix."_users WRITE");
      $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$user_prefix."_users (user_id, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_lang, user_lastvisit, umode) VALUES ($new_uid, 'gallery/blank.gif', '3', '$language', '$lv', 'nested')");
      $db->sql_query("UPDATE ".$user_prefix."_users SET username='$ya_username', name='$realname', user_email='$ya_user_email', femail='$femail', user_website='$user_website', user_icq='$user_icq', user_aim='$user_aim', user_yim='$user_yim', user_msnm='$user_msnm', user_from='$user_from', user_occ='$user_occ', user_interests='$user_interests', newsletter='$newsletter', user_viewemail='$user_viewemail', user_allow_viewonline='$user_allow_viewonline', user_timezone='$user_timezone', user_dateformat='$user_dateformat', user_sig='$user_sig', bio='$bio', user_password='$user_password', user_regdate='$user_regdate' WHERE user_id='$new_uid'");
      $db->sql_query("UNLOCK TABLES");
      if(!$result)
      {
         OpenTable();
         echo ""._ADDERROR."<br>";
         CloseTable();
      }
      else
      {
         if ($ya_config['servermail'] == 0)
         {
            $message = _WELCOMETO." $sitename ($nukeurl)!\r\n\r\n";
            $message .= _YOUUSEDEMAIL." $ya_user_email "._TOREGISTER." $sitename.\r\n\r\n";
            $message .= _FOLLOWINGMEM."\r\n"._UNICKNAME." $ya_username\r\n"._UPASSWORD." $user_password";
            $subject = _REGISTRATIONSUB;
            $from  = "From: $adminmail\r\n";
            $from .= "Reply-To: $adminmail\r\n";
            $from .= "Return-Path: $adminmail\r\n";
            mail($ya_user_email, $subject, $message, $from);
         }
         title(_USERREGLOGIN);
         OpenTable();
         $result = $db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$user_prefix."_users WHERE username='$ya_username' AND user_password='$user_password'");
         $fin=0;
         if ($db->sql_numrows($result) == 1)
         {
            $userinfo = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
            yacookie($userinfo[user_id],$userinfo[username],$userinfo[user_password],$userinfo[storynum],$userinfo[umode],$userinfo[uorder],$userinfo[thold],$userinfo[noscore],$userinfo[ublockon],$userinfo[theme],$userinfo[commentmax]);
            // menelaos: i wonder if this cookie is set correctly
            // menelaos: refresh of location? The next line causes multiple accounts to be loaded into the database, this has to be fixed
            //              echo "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"refresh\" content=\"2;URL=/modules.php?name=$module_name\">";
            echo "<center><b>$userinfo[username]:</b> "._ACTMSG2."</center>";
            $fin=1;
         }
         else
         {
            echo "<center>"._SOMETHINGWRONG."</center><br>";
         }
         CloseTable();
         if ($ya_config['sendaddmail'] == 1 AND $ya_config['servermail'] == 0)
         {
            $from  = "From: $ya_user_email\r\n";
            $from .= "Reply-To: $ya_user_email\r\n";
            $from .= "Return-Path: $ya_user_email\r\n";
            $subject = "$sitename - "._MEMADD;
            $from_ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
            $message = "$ya_username has been added to $sitename. from $from_ip\r\n";
            $message .= "-----------------------------------------------------------\r\n";
            $message .= _YA_NOREPLY;
            mail($adminmail, $subject, $message, $from);
         }
         if ($fin)
         {
            header("Refresh: 3; URL=modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=edituser");
            echo "";
            exit();
         }
      }
   } else {
      echo "$stop";
   }
include("footer.php");

?>

Last edited by Mesum on Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total 
menelaos61
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:58 pm Reply with quote

Hi mesum,
As I don't have the time to do a visual diff on the code you posted
would you want to point out what is different in your code?

Thanks,
Richard

Mesum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:51 pm Reply with quote

Richard, it's the same file I sent ya.

BellorAnima

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:35 pm Reply with quote

I decided to give it another shot and install clean, to no avail. The way it's acting is extremely weird. Everything looks great up until you click that "Finish" button. Then it seems to ad an apostrophe to the end of the user name and the email address, but here's the strange part...

When you click on the "Your Account" link in the navigation, it says,

"There is no available info for
Account not found"

It seems to me that it's trying to put a name after "info for..." but doesn't. Can't find it? Bad variable?

However, if you click on the "Private Messages" link, it takes you to the account page. So it looks like I have an issue with maybe the new_confirm3 that's adding apostrophes to the user information, and also maybe with the actual "Your Account" module.

There's a "Who's Online" module that says "Welcome, Testing'." (There's that apostrophe.) The account is logged in and I can navigate the site. That blasted apostrophe is the only thing that's killing me. (Aside from that fact that selecting to send a confirmation email doesn't actually send one, neither does resending it.)

Any ideas about this rogue apostrophe, or the malfunction of the "Your Account" page? I can always remove the "Your Account" and rename "Private Messages" as a work-around, since it kinda goes to the same place... But I can't find that apostrophe, or figure out what's going on with that particular link. Everything else I can live with for now.

Oh, and I replaced the old file with yours, Mesum... No change.

** Update **

If I get into the actual account information and try to change it, when I click on the "Save Changes" button, it kicks me back to the non-functional "Your Account" page. When I go back to the user information, the apostrophes are still there.

** Second Update **

This time I included a signature and extra info... That too had an apostrophe appended to the end of it. I checked the index.php file under the "new_finish" case and can't find anything weird there, but since I'm getting apostrophes after all of the fields that I entered text into, I'm thinking there just one stinkin' apostrophe somewhere, either in the new_finish.php or the SQL database that's giving me grief... I just can't find it.

** Final Note **

This is the last thing that I want to point out before I give up and leave this situation to greater minds than my own... If I enable email activation, it doesn't actually send the email. Big deal. It will allow me to activate the user from the admin panel. If I do it this way, though, I get no apostrophes anywhere. I pointed this out before, but I like all of the data to be localized. None of that rogue apostrophe stuff.

HOWEVER...

This time I get access to the "Your Account" page. Sincere there's no apostrophe after the nickname, it gives me access to this page. But when I modify the info here, it puts apostrophes after everything. (Real name, email, signature, etc.)

Running Nuke 7.6 (sadly) with no major site mods. I just don't know enough about PHP or SQL to even know where to begin looking for this. I know there's just one tiny little thing somewhere, I just don't where to look for it. Since both the "edituser" and the "new_user" pages cause that adorable little apostrophe, is it likely to be something in the SQL database?

(Is all this appending annoying? Should I be, like, responding to my post instead of editing it?)

Wazock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:02 am Reply with quote

Im getting a similar problem i have nuke 7.5 with sentinal 2.1.1 and CNB_Your_Account_750_440_b2. Everytime i try to register a new acount it accepts all the info then when i push the finish button it takes me to the log in page i enter the log in details and i get Sorry, no corresponding user info was found. I check my data base for users and temp users and theres no entries what so ever. I have tried various settings to no avail.

menelaos61

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:17 am Reply with quote

Hello guys,
For what I know so far, this only seems to be the problem when newconfirm3.php or newfinish3.php is used.
They are used if no admin activation and no user email validation is used.
I haven't heard reports of people having problems with the other files.

From us, no update from the dev-team yet,
but it is on our no.1 priority list to inverstigate and I'm sure we'll nail this hugly irritating monster down. Quickly!

Cheers,
Richard

Wazock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:35 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. All i want it for is to auto activate accounts as my server doesnt send mail and to make users use the theme that i choose. Is there an earlier stable version that would suit my needs?

menelaos61

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:39 am Reply with quote

Hi Wazock,
Be patient, because we are not.
Usually we will be ably to pinpoint a problem within a few days.
And I have decided that this one is no exception.
Do you have a url where I can see the problem?

Cheers,
Richard

Wazock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:42 am Reply with quote

Sure http://bulletsnbrains.com Although i must warn you my host is slow and painfull looking for new host as we speak. also i have taken off the CNBYA for now and reinstalled the original your account module but you wont be able to register as my host has disabled php mail you can register but not get the email.

Mesum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:53 am Reply with quote

Well if you want, you can use chatserve's No Mail hack for now until someone figures out what's wrong with the code.

Wazock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:56 am Reply with quote

Is that the AutoActivate-v7 if it is ive just downloaded it. Thanks for your sugestion.

Mesum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:59 am Reply with quote

Yeap that's the one.

Wazock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:25 am Reply with quote

The auto activation hack works thanks a lot. Is there any way i can get users to use only the one theme or can i just remove all other themes as i dont know if i have to keep the default install theme?

Mesum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:53 am Reply with quote

3 steps:

1: Change the theme in the admin panel.
2: Run this command in your MySQL:
Code:

UPDATE nuke_users SET theme='';
OPTIMIZE TABLE nuke_users;

3: Delete all the themes from your themes folder or move them to some other folder of your website.

Wazock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:56 am Reply with quote

Cool thanks. Cheers

menelaos61

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:15 pm Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I have the idea that i solved most of the newuser3-troubles.
I changed the way the new data is entered into the database.
Also there were still some errors in the old file.
There was an update statement that changed the password from md5 encoded back to plaintext in the database, which can explain new users not being able to log in.

Please try the updated files and tell me if they worked for you. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Cheers,
Richard

PS. It is pretty important for us that someone that had problems with the old files will give these new ones a try. This is a nasty bug and we would love to make sure it is fixed!

Wazock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:57 pm Reply with quote

Well i gave it another go and it works after pushing the finish it says you are now registerd and logged in. the only gripe i have is it didnt refresh saying your logged in, it didnt show me logged in untill i linked to another part of the site example home. also the cookie check still dont work for me but i never used it anyhow. Thanks for the fix it is now installed and up on my site.

BellorAnima

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:19 pm Reply with quote

No change for me. I still have apostrophes.

Wazock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:35 am Reply with quote

Hello BellorAnima im sory to hear it didnt work for you. I feel a little guilty as i hijacked your post and mine seems to be fixed. All i can say is when i installed nuke 7.6 i found way too many bugs and decided to take a step backwards and go with 7.5 . If you leave your url and a few more details about your instalation ie: any mods, hacks,theme ,and any other details im sure some one will be able to help.

BellorAnima

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:29 am Reply with quote

No worries about the hijacked post. As for 7.6, I was happier with 7.5, but I've already put too much work into this installation to step back and start all over again. Besides, my users are getting a little irritated because between changing hosts and having to rebuilt the site multiple times, they're getting a little irritated at not having a usable website. It's kind of a private ordeal, so I can't really provide the URL, but I don't think there are any mods interfering with it, since none of them are interacting with this mod when the error occurs. The only other thing I can think of is perhaps the theme, which is the standard 3D-Fantasy. I've been looking at it, also.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account

View next topic
View previous topic