Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
Tridel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:45 pm Reply with quote

I am the author of this module you are all reffering too.. This is my very first slightly major php script that I have created.. so if there are issues with bugs or things done wrong that should be expected.. I have for months been trying to get other people involved with the development of this module and other modules aswell.. and only to this point found people that are wanting to use it..

I am still active on this module and plan to make lots of improvements with image handling and much much more.. I do have a web address for the project site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

hopefully after the server swith my site will be more reliable....

-Shawn (Volitan)

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:04 pm Reply with quote

Hi Shawn. Welcome to this site Smile. I think your module is a great start and look forward to see where it goes. Good luck! BTW, (shameless plug) I offer great web hosting also Wink

Last edited by Raven on Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Tridel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:27 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Hi Shawn. Welcome to this site Smile. I think your module is a great start and look forward to see wher it goes. Good luck! BTW, (shameless plug) I offer great web hosting also Wink

How much is the great hosting? Laughing

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:30 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Contact me via email to discuss your needs. Please send me your bandwidth and disk space requirements along with whatever else I would need to know. Read reviews while you're over there Smile

Tridel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:46 pm Reply with quote

Iceburg wrote:
There is one more error I thinhk in the profiles. The block that scrolls the profiles at the bottom returns the total number of enteries in the Database. I think there is an error cause it shows 0.

Code:
<?php 

/************************************************************************/
/* PHP-NUKE: TRI-Development - Profile Database System */
/* =========================== */
/* */
/* Copyright (c) 2003 by Shawn (Volitan) */
/* http://www.reefersinn.ath.cx/development/ */
/* */
/* This program is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify */
/* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by */
/* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License. */
global $text1, $text2, $header1, $header2, $header1list, $header2list, $prefix, $db, $sitename;
if (eregi("block-latestprofiles.php", $PHP_SELF)) {
Header("Location: index.php");
die();
}
#########################################################
# Config Variables #
$sql = "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."_tri_proconfig";
$result = $db->sql_query($sql);
$row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
$text1 = $row[text1]; //Color of text in first header column
$text2 = $row[text2]; //Color of text in the second header column
$header1 = $row[header1]; //Color of the first header column.
$header2 = $row[header2]; // Color of the second header column.
$header1list = $row[header1list]; // Color of the first scrolling column.
$header2list = $row[header2list]; //Color of the second scrolling column

# Field Config Variables #
$sql1 = "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."_tri_fieldconfig";
$result1 = $db->sql_query($sql1);
$row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result1);
$f1 = $row[f1]; //Field.
$f2 = $row[f2]; //Field.
$off = off;

$content .= "<A name= \"scrollingCode\"></A>";
$content .= "<table width=\"100%\" align=\"center\" cellpadding=\"1\">";

if ($f1 == $off){echo "";
} else {
$content .= "<td width=\"50%\" bgcolor=\"$header1\">&nbsp;&nbsp; <font color=\"$text1\"><b>$f1 </b></font></td>";}
if ($f2 == $off){echo "";
} else {
$content .= "<td width=\"50%\" bgcolor=\"$header2\">&nbsp; <font color=\"$text2\"><b>$f2 </b></font></td>";}
$content .= "</table>";
$content .="<MARQUEE behavior= \"scroll\" align= \"center\" direction= \"up\" height=\"200\" scrollamount= \"2\" scrolldelay= \"20\" onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'>";

$result1 = $db->sql_query("SELECT id, common, scientific FROM ".$prefix."_tri_profiles ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 20");
$content .= "<br>";
while(list($id, $common, $scientific) = $db->sql_fetchrow($result1)) {

$content .= "<table width=\"100%\" align=\"center\" cellpadding=\"3\"><tr>";

} else {
$content .= "<td width=\"50%\" bgcolor=\"$header1list\"><b><a href='modules.php?name=Profiles&id=$id'>$common</a></td>";}

} else {
$content .= "<td width=\"50%\" bgcolor=\"$header2list\">&nbsp; $scientific</td>";}

$content .= "</tr></table>";
}
$res = $db->sql_query("select * from ".$prefix."_tri_profiles where id='$id'");
$cnt=mysql_num_rows($res);
$content .= "<center>There is a total of $cnt entries in our database.</center>";
$content .= "<br><b><center> <a href=\"modules.php?name=Profiles\">View Profiles Section</a></b> </center>";

?>

Try that......

Iceburg
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:54 pm Reply with quote

No workie.... still shows 0.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Iceburg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:03 pm Reply with quote

I did fix it although, Let me know me if anyone needs to the fixes.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

-Nick

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:05 pm Reply with quote

Please post it - when a thread has gone this long everyone would like to know what the 'final' fix was Wink

Tridel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:42 pm Reply with quote

Iceburg wrote:
No workie.... still shows 0.

Sorry I am such a stoop.. Maybe I should quit while I am ahead?

Iceburg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:58 pm Reply with quote

How do you get the "code" box and I will post. Thats why I did not.

Tridel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:03 am Reply with quote

I notice the world of php is so flakey to be honest... all of this module was developed on apache windows server and tested on unix apache server using nuke 6.5-7.2 Look at my site.. the exact same module is running on there.. and I can show you many other sites its running on with none of the problems "Iceburg" ran into..

and things like this annoy me

"I think the profiles code just doesn't work, the guy who wrote it his site is gone, there are the same issues going on on other sites. There is a lot of need for a profiles module if anyone is interested in doing it."

well now that is totally absurd. if my code didnt work why would people keep asking for it? and why would people keep using it?.. and why would people keep asking for me to make improvements to it? and the biggest one.. Why are YOU using it?

I get PM's all the time asking why this or that doesnt work.. or how to set something up on the module. Read the ReadMe people.. 9 chances out of 10 most of your questions will be answered in there. most of the time I copy and paste from the readme to the users asking the already answered questions. Dont' get me wrong I love to help.

Certainly if you would like to code a new better module go for it.. I feel I have tried my best to stay in contact with the group of users that use my module. I found this thread didn't I? I am using whatever free servers I can find to host my site. currently [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is where its at.. I had an offer for free hosting from a Member on NukeCops I hear, but haven't heard from the person personally. I used to host the site on my own server.. The same server that I used to develop the module.. but I moved and now have Charter Cable with Port 80 along with many others blocked. Sad anyways.. enough of my rant.. as I said before.. I am still active on this module and still learning new ways to effieciently code things out.. keep your eyes open for new releases..

Cool -Shawn (Volitan) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Tridel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:04 am Reply with quote

Iceburg wrote:
How do you get the "code" box and I will post. Thats why I did not.

Click "Code" its above where you type your message.. you click code.. put in whatever code you want shown in the formatted code box.. then click code again for the closing tag..

Iceburg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:31 pm Reply with quote

In regards to your rant.... I totally understand what you are saying. I did send you and e-mail and I did get a responce back with the redme file which did nothing for me. There are some of use that read the readme, and exhaust every possibility before bothering the people who are good enough to write this type of program for people like me that are not as good at php.

As far as taking personal shots at me, I don't feel as though its appropriate. You have it listed in your copyright information that you can be contacted with questions. Why would you list that information if you in fact id not wish to have questions sent to you.

I am very happy with your code, and I just needed a little bit of help to get it to run in php-nuke version 7.5. Did YOU code it to work in 7.5? Did YOU test it in 7.5? Since it seems that you had difficulty with your site I went to a resource where I know people know this stuff. I am sorry if you felt offended or that I didn't like your code, but the flame wasn't neccessary.

Here are the 2 blocks that I am running...have working on 7.5. If anyone would like them all zipped up with the readme file, and the rest of the files e-mail me and I will send them to you. No I am just kidding, I just said that, I won't really send them if you e-mail me.

Profile of the moment - fixed

Code:

<?php
/* PHP-NUKE: TRI-Development - Profile Database System */
/* =========================== */
/* */
/* Copyright (c) 2003 by Shawn (Volitan) */
/* http://www.reefersinn.ath.cx/development/ */
/* */
/* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License. */
global $text1, $text2, $header1, $header2, $header1list, $header2list, $prefix, $db, $sitename;
die();
}
# Config Variables #

# Field Config Variables #
$f1 = $row[f1]; //Field.
$f2 = $row[f2]; //Field.
$off = off;

} else {
$content .= "<td width=\"50%\" bgcolor=\"$header1\">&nbsp;&nbsp; <font color=\"$text1\"><b>$f1 </b></font></td>";}
} else {
$content .= "<td width=\"50%\" bgcolor=\"$header2\">&nbsp; <font color=\"$text2\"><b>$f2 </b></font></td>";}
$content .= "</table>";
$content .="<MARQUEE behavior= \"scroll\" align= \"center\" direction= \"up\" height=\"200\" scrollamount= \"2\" scrolldelay= \"20\" onmouseover='this.stop()' onmouseout='this.start()'>";

$result1 = $db->sql_query("SELECT id, common, scientific FROM ".$prefix."_tri_profiles ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 20");
$content .= "<br>";
while(list($id, $common, $scientific) = $db->sql_fetchrow($result1)) {

} else {
$content .= "<td width=\"50%\" bgcolor=\"$header1list\"><b><a href='modules.php?name=Profiles&id=$id'>$common</a></td>";}

} else {
$content .= "<td width=\"50%\" bgcolor=\"$header2list\">&nbsp; $scientific</td>";}

}
$res = $db->sql_query("select * from ".$prefix."_tri_profiles where id='$id'");
$cnt=$db->sql_numrows($res);
$content .= "<center>There is a total of $cnt entries in our database.</center>";
$content .= "<br><b><center> <a href=\"modules.php?name=Profiles\">View Profiles Section</a></b> </center>";

?>

Code:

<?php
/* PHP-NUKE: TRI-Development - Profile Database System                  */
/* ===========================                                          */
/*                                                                      */
/* Copyright (c) 2003 by Shawn (Volitan)                                */
/* http://www.reefersinn.ath.cx/development/                            */
/* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License.       */
global $text1, $text2, $header1, $header2, $header1list, $header2list, $prefix, $db, $dbi, $sitename;
    die();
}
# Config Variables                                      #

# Field Config Variables                                #
$f1 = $row[f1]; //Field.
$f2 = $row[f2]; //Field.
$off = off;

} else {
         } else {
$content .= "</table>";

$result1 = sql_query("SELECT id, common, scientific FROM ".$prefix."_tri_profiles  ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 20", $dbi);
$content .= "<br>";
while(list($id, $common, $scientific) = sql_fetch_row($result1, $dbi)) {

} else {

} else {

}
      $res = mysql_query("select * from ".$prefix."_tri_profiles where id");

?>

-Nick Nyberg [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Tridel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Yes.. I felt offended by your assumptions.. I felt disrespect for the work I have put into this module that I really never had to release in the first place.. or continue development on for that matter.. I originally developed this module for a Fish Aquarium Site I had because I couldnt find a module that would do what this one does. And for someone to just post they dont think my module is any good because they cannot make it work is offensive to me.. I know I am being over sensitive about this.. but thats just how I am.. No.. I have not tested my module in 7.5 and currently installing 7.4 on my local server.. I have no access to 7.5 as I am not a fancy shmancy php-nuke club member or whatever it is.. I code for whatever the current latest release is.. and anything above that.. I am sorry I am unable to do that.. unless developers start to get access to the latest versions for developmental reasons.. (not sure that would happen).

As for the personal attack. I am sorry.. as I felt I was personally being attacked.. natural defense mechanism kicks in..

Yes.. I do not mind helping people as I stated before.. but if I an see an obvious question being asked that is explained in a readme file that makes me wonder why do I even bother writing a readme file.. I also quite often do one on one help and feature requests for people that Message me via AOL Instant Messenger. I am fine with this also. I am signed on 24/7 and can be reached at VolitanFF

I have exchanged words with the person that offered me hosting and all is well I will be moving to the new host soon which will be great to have a stable server for once again.. instead of wasting time on rants as this I can get back to productive help and development..

By the way.. if you could state what changes you made in the scripts that would be great.. Smile

Iceburg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:12 pm Reply with quote

Code:
      $res = mysql_query("select * from ".$prefix."_tri_profiles where id"); 

Is the change I made to show the correct number of enteries in the DB for the scrolling profiles block.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:31 pm Reply with quote

7.5 has been avaialable from my site (here) since the day it was released. Grab a copy.

Iceburg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:07 pm Reply with quote

as well as many other php sites, but this is where I got it as well. How much do you know about fish? I think thats a great idea! I have several fish forumns that I frequent but none of them are worth going to.

Tridel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:48 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
7.5 has been avaialable from my site (here) since the day it was released. Grab a copy.

why thank ya.. I have been outta the swing of things since the move.. I usually always just go to the php-nuke.com site and grab the latest release.. but I will now update to 7.5 Smile

Tridel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:54 pm Reply with quote

Iceburg wrote:
as well as many other php sites, but this is where I got it as well. How much do you know about fish? I think thats a great idea! I have several fish forumns that I frequent but none of them are worth going to.

I currently only have a 29 gallon Freshwater tank.. But I used to have a 55 gallon saltwater Reef tank.. but got rid of it before I moved.. I will setup another reef tank eventually but it's going to be atleast 125 gallons next time.. I started a couple sites relating to fish.. first one was fish-forum.com <--- all hacked to pieces now I see its running nuke 6.5 and the last one I created was thereefersinn.com <-- The site I created the module for its at nuke 6.9 I think.. I no longer own any fish sites.. and doesn't appear the people that bought the sites maintain them as they haven't changed since i sold them. My alias Volitan is a alias I aquired from keeping fish.. Volitan is a Lionfish a saltwater fish that is venomous and truly a very unique fish.

What do you have for fish? saltwater or freshwater? both?

Iceburg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:19 pm Reply with quote

Well my fish story is unique. I had some when I was a kid, and never really had them since. When I got to college, I rented a house from some people and they had a 55 gallon tank just sitting in the basement. So I filled it with water, and bought all the stuff that I remember needing, and asked the local fish people, etc. I set up the 55 gallon fresh water and killed all the fish. I thought i better read what the hell I was doing before I tried again. I started reading, and now I have had the same tank, and same fish for 4 years. They made it through the move to my house, and I have have the 55 gallon freshwater, and a 15 gallon fry tank. You would love my office. I work at freswater software. There are probablly 4000 gallons of fish in my office.

As far as salt water, I am scared to start and to tell you the truth I know that I need a little more research into the matter before I start on that. I always walk by the fish in the fish store and see how beautiful they are. I want to do it in the next few months, but I also want to purchase another house... Not sure what I should do. =) If you would be interested in starting another site I would help you out with it.

Tridel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:09 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] <-- New web address

Tridel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:19 am Reply with quote

I can officially say 4.0.4 has been tested and proven to work with no problems on php-nuke 6.5 - 7.5

I am unsure why you had problems with it Iceburg..

Iceburg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:29 pm Reply with quote

If you take a look at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] you can see some of the errors. Everything seems to wrok correctlly though. I guess it could be my database somewhere.

Tridel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:45 pm Reply with quote

block-latestprofiles.php

Code:
<?php 

/* PHP-NUKE: TRI-Development - Profile Database System                  */
/* ===========================                                          */
/* Copyright (c) 2003 by Shawn (Volitan)                                */
/* http://www.reefersinn.ath.cx/development/                            */
/* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License.       */
global $text1, $text2, $header1, $header2, $header1list, $header2list, $prefix, $db, $dbi, $sitename;
    die();
}
# Config Variables                                      #

# Field Config Variables                                #
$f1 = $row[f1]; //Field.
$f2 = $row[f2]; //Field.
$off = off;

} else {
         } else {
$content .= "</table>";

$result1 = mysql_query("SELECT id, common, scientific FROM ".$prefix."_tri_profiles  ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 20", $dbi);
$content .= "<br>";
while(list($id, $common, $scientific) = sql_fetch_row($result1, $dbi)) {

} else {

} else {

}
      $res = mysql_query("select * from ".$prefix."_tri_profiles where id", $dbi);
      $cnt=mysql_numrows($res);

?>

Try that once.. let me know if that helps..

alphawolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:18 am Reply with quote

In case anyone is still looking for the author of this module. (He is still doing updates to it), you can find him at:

http://www.tridel.alphaone-tech.com

Peace

Wolf
http://www.alphaone-tech.com
http://www.webs4christ.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic