Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4
dobbelina
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:17 pm Reply with quote

Hi!
I have been working extensively to solve a login problem that some of my users
experience when trying to access my site.
Some users can login without problems,while others cant?
Sometimes people can login and gets taken to "my account",but in there
it says "userstatus=offline" and they cant go any further.
By reading the error log i have narrowed it down to something about cookies.
Could some genius here please tell me what this error log is telling me.
All these lines/errors has to do with cookie authentication:

[Thu Aug 12 20:53:53 2004] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/link/public_html/nuke3/header.php:32) in /home/link/public_html/nuke3/includes/page_header.php on line 495
[Thu Aug 12 20:53:53 2004] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/link/public_html/nuke3/header.php:32) in /home/link/public_html/nuke3/includes/page_header.php on line 494
[Thu Aug 12 20:53:53 2004] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/link/public_html/nuke3/header.php:32) in /home/link/public_html/nuke3/includes/page_header.php on line 492
[Thu Aug 12 20:53:46 2004] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/link/public_html/nuke3/header.php:32) in /home/link/public_html/nuke3/includes/sessions.php on line 223
[Thu Aug 12 20:53:46 2004] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/link/public_html/nuke3/header.php:32) in /home/link/public_html/nuke3/includes/sessions.php on line 222
[Thu Aug 12 20:34:20 2004] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/link/public_html/nuke3/header.php:32) in /home/link/public_html/nuke3/includes/sessions.php on line 342
[Thu Aug 12 20:34:20 2004] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/link/public_html/nuke3/header.php:32) in /home/link/public_html/nuke3/includes/sessions.php on line 341

The server i'm using is Apache 1.3.31 (Unix) running under linux,and i'm using nuke v7.4

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:03 am Reply with quote

Try any of the options offered at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

dobbelina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:32 am Reply with quote

Ok,i'll try to add "PHP_FLAG output_buffering on" in my htaccess file and see if
it helps.
Another strange thing that happens on my site is that the security code keeps
popping up and dissapearing,this inspite of the fact that i have this line in
my config: $gfx_chk = 7;
Sometimes it's there,and sometimes it's not?
Do you think this is the reason why so many of my users have login problems?
And by the way thanks for replying Very Happy

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Could be or could be they aren't putting their username or password in the same case as they created it in.

Nothing shows in the error log regarding the graphic missing?

dobbelina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:48 pm Reply with quote

Wow,something definitively changed when adding that "output buffering" line to
htaccess.
Some people have already contacted me and said their login problems are gone.
The errors are also gone from the error log.(didn't say anything about missing graphics in security code) Very Happy
And the security code is back!!!
Have to give it a day or two before bringing out the champagne, but i think the problem is gone!!
Thanks a million chatserv Exclamation

ps.actually the security code popped back after i commented out this two lines in
includes/page_header.php
Code:

// Add no-cache control for cookies if they are set
//<-(i took away this two lines)$c_no_cache = (isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$board_config['cookie_name'] . '_sid']) || isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$board_config['cookie_name'] . '_data'])) ? 'no-cache="set-cookie", ' : '';

I don't know if that's advisable to do or not,but when i did this the security code popped back?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4

View next topic
View previous topic