Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
southern
Client

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:37 am Reply with quote

My webhost recently moved sites to new servers. Well and good. Except now I can't log into my admin CP. Actually I can log in but I'm not recognized as the God admin. The GFX Check loads or seems to but I can't log in no matter how many times I put in the correct letters. So I turned it off for the admin as a test. I can log in without the GFX Check, sort of. At least it accepts my admin username and password. However once in the CP if I click on any link to do admin things I'm kicked out. I have to remove my IP # from the .htaccess and the NSNST Blocked IPs table in PhPMyAdmin, over and over. How do I get my admin login back to normal so I can do admin stuff without getting kicked off and blocked? Is there a SQL query I can put in to protect my IP? Is it a cookie issue? A PhP version issue?

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:00 pm Reply with quote

hey southern, you get blocked by NukeSentinel? If yes, then disable NukeSentinel in the database. Use the '_nsnst_config' db-table and set the db-field 'disable_switch' to the value '1'. Then you should get access to your website and you are able to check the settings and entries. One of your blocker-settings is blocking 'Permanent'. Find it and test it by enable and disable the db-field 'disable_switch'.

When you get blocked by NukeSentinel you should get a message via e-mail with some informations.

You can also check your installed PHP-version in your hosting-account. Make sure you have php7.4 - php8.x isn't supported.

Good Luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:03 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
hey southern, you get blocked by NukeSentinel? If yes, then disable NukeSentinel in the database. Use the '_nsnst_config' db-table and set the db-field 'disable_switch' to the value '1'. Then you should get access to your website and you are able to check the settings and entries. One of your blocker-settings is blocking 'Permanent'. Find it and test it by enable and disable the db-field 'disable_switch'.

When you get blocked by NukeSentinel you should get a message via e-mail with some informations.

You can also check your installed PHP-version in your hosting-account. Make sure you have php7.4 - php8.x isn't supported.

Good Luck!

Hi neralex, thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I'm being blocked by NukeSentinel, the first time I ever have. I thought the God admin was safe from that. And I'm being blocked as an abuse Admin, so something in that needs looked at. I'll turn off NS in PhPMyAdmin as you suggest and see what I see.

I'd like to set a higher PhP version, I'm running 5.6 now. But if I set it higher, say 7.0 or 7.4, I get a critical error in both my RavenNuke install and a Wordpress install I have for testing. Why I get a critical error I don't know but until I fix being blocked I have PhP set to 5.6.

Couldn't I put a line in my .htaccess, allow from xx.xxx.xx.xxx to not block my IP?

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:51 pm Reply with quote

Which RN-Version you are using at the moment? The critical errors are based on some outdated scripts on your website. Without to know, which version you are using it is hard to say, from where your isssue is coming. Which php-version you used before the server-change for your website?

Try to clear the cache of your browser completely or use another browser, which you normaly not using for login as admin and test if it will work with your godadmin-account.

southern wrote:
Couldn't I put a line in my .htaccess, allow from xx.xxx.xx.xxx to not block my IP?

nope.

Last edited by neralex on Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total 
southern

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:51 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
Which RN-Version you are using at the moment? The critical errors are based on some outdated scripts on your website. Without to know, which version you are using it is hard to say, from where your isssue is coming. Which php-version you used before the server-change for your website?

Try to clear the cache of your browser completely or use another browser, which you normaly not using for login as admin and test if it will work with your godadmin-account.

southern wrote:

nope.

I'm using the latest RN version, 2.51.

I was using the same PhP version before the server move.

I disabled NS in PhPMyAdmin then logged into my admin CP. I clicked the NukeSentinel link and got kicked back to the login page. I logged back in and tried another link, I got kicked out again. I'm obviously not being logged in but at least I'm not being blocked as long as NS is disabled.

neralex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:23 pm Reply with quote

As I mentioned before, one of your blocker-settings is blocking 'Permanent'. Find it, disable it and test it step by step. This is the only way you will have.

please note: RN2.51 ist completely outdated and RN 2.52 is the last well working version but it needs php7.4 and it's not prepared for php8.x.

southern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:49 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
As I mentioned before, one of your blocker-settings is blocking 'Permanent'. Find it, disable it and test it step by step. This is the only way you will have.

please note: RN2.51 ist completely outdated and RN 2.52 is the last well working version but it needs php7.4 and it's not prepared for php8.x.

That could be the explanation right there. During my last proble, the blank News module and stories, I uploaded a few files from RN 2.52 to see if they resolvedthe issue. I'm not sure they did but the 2.52 flesamong the 2.51 files may be causing the current issue.

What I need to do now is to upload the full RN 2.5.2 distro and upgrade to that from 2.5.1.

I can then set the PhP version to 7.0 or 7.4 without critical errors.

I can't test to test if a block or setting is causing the current issue because I get kicked out of theadmin CP to the login page, so I'll run the upgrade and see if that fixes it.

neralex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:52 pm Reply with quote

You should really do this upgrade before on a local test server! WAMP on Windows or MAMP on macOS! You can't mix 251 and 252!

southern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:02 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
You should really do this upgrade before on a local test server! WAMP on Windows or MAMP on macOS! You can't mix 251 and 252!

I didn't think it would hurt anything to put in a few files from 2.5.2 like mainfile. I' have backups from 2.5.1. I'll run the upgrade and it should resolve this.

neralex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:32 am Reply with quote

southern wrote:
I didn't think it would hurt anything to put in a few files from 2.5.2 like mainfile. I' have backups from 2.5.1. I'll run the upgrade and it should resolve this.

Ok, good luck... 🤞

southern

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:10 am Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
southern wrote:

Ok, good luck... 🤞

Do I need luck? LOL

neralex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:39 pm Reply with quote

southern wrote:
Do I need luck? LOL

That was meant seriously.
neralex wrote:

So may the force be with you.

southern

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:23 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
southern wrote:
Do I need luck? LOL

That was meant seriously.
neralex wrote:

So may the force be with you.

I'm sure it will, you're a jedi. Smile

So I upload files, then run INSTALLATION/rndbupgrade.php? Its been a while since I've done this.

southern

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:24 pm Reply with quote

I uploaded files and checked the admin log in page. I'm getting the error
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/mainfile.php on line 881

I uploaded a backup mainfile, same error. I then tried a RN 251 mainfile, same error. Any ideas?

neralex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:38 am Reply with quote

Which php-version you are using? I have no issue like this with the latest php 7.4.33 version. Tested on this server and also on my local WAMP installation.

southern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:25 am Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
Which php-version you are using? I have no issue like this with the latest php 7.4.33 version. Tested on this server and also on my local WAMP installation.

You think the problem could be from the PhP version? I'm still on 5.6. I'll ratchet it up to 7.0 and see what happens. I'll let you know how it comes out.

southern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:12 am Reply with quote

Changing the PhP version to 7.0 removed the mainfile parse error. I reuploaded a mainfile from RN 2.5.2 and tested the admin login. Still no login so I'll go ahead and update the SQL tables. I'm in no particular hurry as I have other things to do and my site is closed for maintenance.

neralex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:50 pm Reply with quote

For the records: the ignoring of all the recommendations and your results are just funny. Keep in mind, that the using of php7x will break the most 3rd party addons. Without some php-knowledge you will loose the most of them. The time for finger-crossing is away. Please don't cry, when your installation will be crashed completely. My support for you ends here on this point.

southern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:00 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
for the records: the ignoring of all the recommendations and your results are just funny. Mr. Green

I'm glad you find my afflictions droll. LOL

OK. To upgrade to RN 2.5.2 I should invoke the rndbupgrade file in the INSTALLATION folder?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic