Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:38 pm Reply with quote

Hey there,

I'm sorry to tell you that I don't have the time to update the current version 2.5.x to php8. I've started it on the develop-branch of my github-repo but I'm at the point where my work is eating me up and I don't want to spend my whole free time in front of screens. If someone already has experience with php8, is actively working with it and is willing to work with me on my github-repo to prepare the current RN-version for php8, I would be very happy to receive an offer.

Cheers
neralex

Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:18 am Reply with quote

Hi Neralex, I'm not a programmer but I can try to help you

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:24 am Reply with quote

Send me please your last version to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] not version on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] but your last tnx

neralex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:31 am Reply with quote

I need an programmer with php8-experience and it is all on github.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:34 am Reply with quote

Today I played a little bit with php 8.2 and I got a bunch of errors but I think it is too much for just 1 person. Please share in public what u have done so we can test and if we find errors we can fix it here on the forum. Everybody is busy with work so it could be difficult for one person to do this job.

My idea is: If we post all errors here in the forum I think everybody could help.

neralex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:30 am Reply with quote

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc wrote:
Today I played a little bit with php 8.2 and I got a bunch of errors but I think it is too much for just 1 person. Please share in public what u have done so we can test and if we find errors we can fix it here on the forum. Everybody is busy with work so it could be difficult for one person to do this job.

My idea is: If we post all errors here in the forum I think everybody could help.

Again, this doesn't help because your errors and issues can be caused by other 3rd-party scripts. The only way is to fix the core-system step by step. Don't flood the forums here.

theghost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:45 am Reply with quote

I would gladly port your entire CMS over to PHP.8.x but it will probably take about 2 days.

Any time I can help with code problems just let me know. I refactor code from PHP 4 all the way up.

I retired and now have plenty of time to help folks in the Nuke communities...

Any friend of Ravens is a friend of mine! Very Happy

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:21 am Reply with quote

Hey theghost, nice to read this. I merged your thread with this one.

Are you familiar with GIT an github?

I made a copy of the branch "develop" on my github-repo. The branch is called "develop_php8". On this branch we can work together. You can fork this branch into your own account or you can join to my repo-project and I give you access to the "develop_php8"-branch.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I did also a copy of the current master-branch to have an separate branch for the current RN 2.52 (php7) version. This new branch is called "release-252" and all changes for RN 2.52, which are made by me on the "develop"-branch, will be merged only with the "release-252" branch. So all new php8-related changes on the "develop_php8"-branch can be merged with the master-branch.

Last edited by neralex on Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total 
theghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:28 am Reply with quote

neralex wrote:

I made a copy of the branch "develop" on my github-repo. The branch is called "develop_php8". On this branch we can work together. You can fork this branch into your own account or you can join to my repo-project and I give you access to the "develop_php8"-branch.

I did also a copy of the current master-branch to have an separate branch for the current RN 2.52 (php7) version. This new branch is called "release-252" and all changes for RN 2.52, which are made by me on the "develop"-branch, will be merged only with the "release-252" branch. So all new php8-related changes on the "develop_php8"-branch can be merged with the master-branch.

I average about 5 thousand Merges through multiple accounts a year on GitHub.

I can do the work of ten people in 2 days, not bragging just a fact and I would love to help. I will use a developer server to port the entire source over to PHP 8.2.4 which is the latest PHP public release.

I refactor for a living so it is no problem at all...

add me on Github I'm "ernestbuffington"

Shoot me an e-mail and a good time to call you. "Ernest Allen Buffington" "ernsest.buffington@gmail.com"

theghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:26 am Reply with quote

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc wrote:

It will take me about an estimated 2 days but I will refactor the entire source, every file in every directory. In fact I have already started working on it...

QUOTE: "It takes a village or a Savant" ~Ernest Allen Buffington

theghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:44 am Reply with quote

neralex wrote:

I am setup and working on the code, there will be no errors in my code so if it is okay please enable automerge on the branch I am working on; that would be great.

theghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:51 am Reply with quote

neralex wrote:

Just go under the branch you gave me and add me as a collaborator, go to collaborators and click add people and add automerg for certain people and add ernestbuffington to automerge.

Thanks,
Ernest Allen Buffington "TheGhost"

neralex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:28 pm Reply with quote

theghost wrote:
Just go under the branch you gave me and add me as a collaborator, go to collaborators and click add people and add automerg for certain people and add ernestbuffington to automerge

From all what I can see on github, this will give you access to the whole repo and not only to a single branch. So I guess I have to learn something about the "branch restriction rules" before to add someone. Just transfered the repo in the meantime to an new organization-account.

theghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:38 am Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
theghost wrote:
Just go under the branch you gave me and add me as a collaborator, go to collaborators and click add people and add automerg for certain people and add ernestbuffington to automerge

From all what I can see on GitHub, this will give you access to the whole repo and not only to a single branch. So I guess I have to learn something about the "branch restriction rules" before to add someone. Just transferred the repo in the meantime to an new organization-account.

If you like I will just use the repo I forked and not push any commits, this way when I am done you can download it and commit it as "neralex" and when its complete you can create a new release branch for PHP 8.2.x; It will show how many commits and changes on my fork and you can review the changes before you download the copy I patched. The only changes I will make are to the code itself. If you like I could add the PHP rule sets I use in comments but that will take longer and I prefer just to patch it and let you do a diff to see what has been fixed or corrected for version 8.2.4.

You should keep a release branch for PHP 7.x as some folks in the cloud have hardened copies of PHP 7.4 and they maintain their own PHP kernel of PHP 7 and will probably never upgrade to any version of PHP 8. This goes the same for PHP version 5.x. There are hardened copies of PHP 5.x in the cloud as well... I actually have been paid to downgrade PHP versions for a few people running PHP 53 in the cloud.

I setup a developer server and have my network desktop ready to start. I just need to make sure we are on the same page before I start changing code and know we have a system in place.

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:04 am Reply with quote

theghost, yeah sounds good for me. So let's do it on your recommended way.

theghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:54 am Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
theghost, yeah sounds good for me. So let's do it on your recommended way.

Roger that I will get started right away. I just have to move a website for a friend and then I will get started.

Looking forward to corresponding with you.

theghost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:11 am Reply with quote

Do you want me to replace the Swift mail system with the latest PHPMailer? Swift is no longer being maintained and is obsolete. It has been replaced with Symfony mailer. My suggestion would be to either have me update Swift as a private modified version for Raven or use the latest PHPMailer as it is quite advanced now. I use the v6 of PHPMailer in my code...

tegonuke is using Swift...

So there were talks of deprecating pear in 7.4 and removing it entirely in PHP 8.0. The deprecation seems to have happened, however, the removal of it from PHP 8.0 does not seem to have happened. The documentation on Migrating from PHP 7.4.x to PHP 8.0.x makes no mention of Pear being removed. I believe it is disabled by default though. I say this because Swift requires pear.

neralex

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:37 pm Reply with quote

Make sense, just do it!

theghost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:14 pm Reply with quote

I tried to send you a private message neralex but there was a database error.

Shoot me an e-mail so we can get in touch over the phone. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Where did all this end up? IS there a working 8 version?

Dawg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:19 pm Reply with quote

Dawg, there is no official proofed version. I will stop the support for this project at the end of this year.

Mrsvend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:16 am Reply with quote

The old TheThemes.net is here to help Smile if you need 7 or 8 version normal phpnuke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic