Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion
Doulos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:10 pm Reply with quote

It is very sad what has happened to the RN community. I used to come on here and see a dozen or more posts daily. Now I check everyday and rarely see anything. Bums me out sometimes since this is my go-to CMS.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:40 am Reply with quote

Good point to start learning PHP and creating own stuff like themes, modules or blocks for RN. In short: contribute it!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 am Reply with quote

True, but ... anything programing beyond basic HTML is like magic to me. Surely not even most of the 23000+ members of the RN community are programmers.

I did not mean sad, as in "shameful", but more like "it's a bummer". I couldn't be more thankful for all of you who have contributed to the RN project, both here on the forums, and behind the scenes in development.

I was also sad when I learned the GMC would stop making the Safari Van, but that doesn't mean I am going to make my own.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote

It is hard to find extra time to work on a project that takes away from family. It seems the older I get, the more I have to do and the less time I have in a day to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:42 pm Reply with quote

I know that feeling. 60 hour work week, church, 3 daughters, 6 grandchildren (all within 10 miles of my house) keep me pretty much tied up. Then when I get what I think is going to be some free time - something breaks in the house, or my mother has a stroke, or something else.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:27 pm Reply with quote

I wish I was still active too. It truly saddens me in every way that what I started and gave many fruitful years to has become so hard for me to continue. I do believe there are still those out there who could rebuild an active team under Kguske and/or Neralex Smile!

Raven

kd8hho
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:50 am Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
It is hard to find extra time to work on a project that takes away from family. It seems the older I get, the more I have to do and the less time I have in a day to do it.

man that is the truth.

it does feel like it was just yesterday when I had tons of time for all my projects. now i have all the stuff i have to do and no time to do it

Linux Register User #481509 | Ubuntu Register User #25492 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion

View next topic
View previous topic