Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
ffintrepid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have just installed the files for my site. I recently have been trying to add a theme called CT_RN_White. Everything works fine until someone goes to register. They click the continue button after filling out their information, and then nothing happens. I have all ready checked to make sure we have Javascript enabled in our browsers and I have all ready checked to make sure that Your_Account is enabled to all users. Here is my site:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quote

Are you sure you installed the most recent version 2.40.01? I'm noticing the BOM character issue  which should be resolved in the current release.

ffintrepid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:08 pm Reply with quote

It said I downloaded Raven Nuke V2.4.00.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote

I would go ahead and upgrade or reinstall to 2.40.01, that will probably fix you issue

ffintrepid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:59 pm Reply with quote

I am a bit lost in your downloads section it only gives me 8 mb worth of files with no installation file. Do I have to leave the installation I had and just overwrite the files from the new download?

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote

Here is the download link to the latest release of RavenNuke(tm) 2.40.01. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] You will need to download the free extraction software 7zip [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to unzip it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:44 pm Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I will be installing the new release and then I will try to put the theme on and see if I still have the problem.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quote

I have moved the 2.40.00 downloads to the archive folder in order to hopefully avoid this confusion in the future.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
ffintrepid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote

So I installed the new software but when I put the theme I want on there, which is CT_RN_WHITE it doesn't let anyone register. They click the continue button on the register page and nothing happens.

Just an update: I even tried CT_RN the default theme, still doesn't work.

Palbin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quote

I see the problem and it is a javascript issue. If you disable it it lets you continue. Have you added any javascript related things?

ffintrepid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quote

No I have not added anything, that was just a clean install with the theme installed.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 pm Reply with quote

I tried out the theme CT_RN_WHITE on a test site and was able to register ok.. but also had trouble trying to register on your site. The browser seems to be passing the request on as I get the "want to remember this password" message, etc.. not sure what to say other than try re-uploading the Your_Account module in case some file were corrupted on upload.

dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:17 am Reply with quote

ffintrepid wrote:
No I have not added anything, that was just a clean install with the theme installed.

Have you tried multiple browsers, eg., Firefox, IE and so on? Same problem on all?

huntor
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote

I do know that google chrome since the last two updates have some issues with logging into websites. I ended up resorting to IE haha.

tecknogeek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote

I have the same issue with my site as of lately (249 users later) was there any fix or way to resolve this issue???

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote

Give us a little info. Are you using the latest RN, have you changed anything lately?

What is you website?

tecknogeek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:49 pm Reply with quote

Well I am using RN 2.40.01 so yes it's the latest, I had no problem, i dont remember changing anything as of lately.. When custommer started telling me they couldnt register, i tough it was a browser issue so I was creating their account manualy from the admin pannel and it worked... I was using The Trick Out Login

I went on your site (Tricked Out News) and i saw that you had a problem with the Trick Out Login so I changed the Your_Account module back to the official RN module... And it's still doesnt allow new user to register...

My website is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and i use the Impactus Theme

Thank you in advance!

nuken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:06 am Reply with quote

You have a lot of different javascript loading, I would assume you are getting a conflict somewhere with the validation js used by RavenNuke Your_Account.

tecknogeek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote

Humm I was just testing and i uploaded a new theme and the registration seem to be working on it... I will reupload the impaktus theme and see if it will work...

tecknogeek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote

Ok figured out my problem.. I was loading a popup script in the social.php files from impaktus... Removed it and now the registration worked again!! Thank you for the pointer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic