Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
hbe_heretic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quote

I was just messing around with the scripts today trying to get the NSN GR Downloads working and I came across something that some of you may find interesting and helpful when trying to search IP's from the User Info block, rather than using the default search I have changed mine to Arin.net which is generally easy to use for most people and its free...heres the code I changed in the block-User_Info.php...Enjoy!

Code:
/*********************************************************************************************************/

/* Setup - Use these settings to control how some of the user info block displays to users/admins.       */
/*********************************************************************************************************/
$showGuests              = FALSE; //Allow/notAllow displaying of guest ip's partial or otherwise.
$showGuestsAdmin         = TRUE; //Allow/notAllow displaying of guest ip's partial or otherwise to Admins.
$showServerDateTime      = TRUE; //Allow/notAllow displaying of Server Date/Time.
$showServerDateTimeAdmin = TRUE; //Allow/notAllow displaying of Server Date/Time to Admins.
$whoisServerString       = 'ws.arin.net/whois/?queryinput=';
$nameMaxLength           = 13; //Max length for username display.  Will truncate with ....
$patchLevelGE30          = TRUE; //Are you using Chatserv's patch level Greater Than or Equal To 3.0?
$showHidden              = FALSE; //Allow/notAllow displaying of Hidden counts. FALSE=Admin Only  TRUE=ALL
/* You should not need to modify anything below this line                                                */

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quote

Thanks,

But what is wrong with DNS Stuff? Seems to work fine for me and I never paid for anything there.

But, regardless, choices are good! Wink

hbe_heretic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:49 am Reply with quote

Actually every time I try and do a search even though I have signed up to DNS Stuff it brings me to their signup page with the default search settings, it worked once for me but since then it just keeps going to that page and its kind of a pain in the butt to have to sign in everytime I want to search someones IP on the fly and Arin is basically a quick fix that ensures a 90% success rate at finding out who/where these people are for me personally, but thats just my preference too cause I have always used Arin when searching IP's...not big on change I guess...lol

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure when they started doing this but I think dns stuff puts a cookie or something on your computer and after X number of queries they start bugging you about signing up and paying for their service.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:14 am Reply with quote

Ah, that would explain it. I have not reached that "limit" yet. Ok. Good to know.

hbe_heretic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:49 am Reply with quote

Ya its 10 free lookups then you are required to pay for the service.

mercman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote

Guys,
I found that the IP lookup didn't work for me right from the start.
I'd try to check a visitors IP and be brought the DNSstuff page described above.
The fix is simple:
In the code of the block-user_info.php block find this:
Code:

$whoisServerString       = 'dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=';

And change it to this:
Code:

$whoisServerString       = 'www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=';

Fixed it for me.

But it would be nice if someone fixed the "target=_blank" issue when checking a visitors IP and it actually opened in a new window instead of stealing focus from my site.
Razz Very Happy

-Merc

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic