Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke / Raven CMS CMS Wiki
jlajax
Ardent RavenCMS Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote

Greetings good people,

I have searched the forums and haven't found any mention of html5 and meta data. I assume you fine folks have it high on your list for RN3. I simply would like to confirms it. I have hacked my current RN2.5 installations to accept meta data and it seems to be working fine however I know I have only hacked the system and have not made an inclusive smooth integration. My hack does index however and that was my goal. Once again thank you folks for all the hard work you do.

RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 pm Reply with quote

We are using HTML5 markup exclusively in RavenCMS Smile
Depending on what you mean exactly by "meta data", I'd say we probably have it covered. Standard HEAD element meta tags are built dynamically and can be changed on-the-fly at the module level. Other types of meta data (meta, as in 'meaningful markup') is used in places like menu's.

jlajax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:40 am Reply with quote

When I initiially tried to use meta data (schema.org) in the news it wouldn't display. I added the schema properties to allowable html and the meta data displayed, validated and indexed. This meta data appears to me to be very powerful. I have seen pages appear in Google in 48 hours that have meta data included in the code. It's a lot of extra work that appears to be well worth the effort. It did not validate as html5 however the meta data did validate and index.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote

Microdata, whether it be RDFa, microformats, or other schema markup vocabularies can be very beneficial as they do help to explain what some specific content is about and/or how it relates to other data on the page. This helps search engines like Google that understand such schema determine the relevancy and importance of page content and I dare say gives a potential advantage against competing websites that do not use.
It is something we plan incorporating into RavenCMS but it will initially (probably) be limited to specific area's where it is most appropriate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke / Raven CMS CMS Wiki

View next topic
View previous topic