Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat
Susann

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quote

I do have a lot of domain names since years which I don´t use anymore.I suppose they have some value. Therefore I tried to find ways to sell my domains and I find the domain auction service at dnko.com is a very interesting concept. They have serveral auctions during the week for example tonight is the next auction and its quite easy to submit domain names there: http://www.dnko.com
Do you also use such services or do you just delete your old domains ?

mars
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:12 am Reply with quote

I have used sitepoint.com in the past for domain purchases and sales.

On a related note, has anyone ever sold an entire site before? How did you value it?
And where did you sell it?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote

I have not used sitepoint but maybe I will try it. I like auctions.No I have not sold an entire site.To get an idea of the value you need to do some research.Important factors in my opinion is the PR, the sitename, tld, age,the registered users and topics. But of course its possible to fake the traffic and the PR.

floppydrivez
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote

mars wrote:
I have used sitepoint.com in the past for domain purchases and sales.

On a related note, has anyone ever sold an entire site before? How did you value it?
And where did you sell it?

If your selling a complete site, its normally based on a 2 to 3 year investment. Take the money you make per year x (2 or 3). If you don't feel the site will sell for that (this formula is used on larger sites with lots of income) adjust your price by subtracting a year. If you like you can break that up in half years or even months. This is the most common method. There a few other formulas, but it varies per site and its potential.

I hope that was helpful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic