Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke Mods
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote

I have, at long last found something everyone will want - it's a must have!!

I have ported everything over - never having done a phpBB to BBtoNuke port before, I had not realised how time consuming checking and changing file paths was but hey-ho, it will be worth it (so long as Susann and 'M' don't rip me to pieces to get her hands on it before its finished Smile )

The problem I currently have is that one of the four admin files located in modules/Forums/admin/xxx.php is not working as it should.

When you are in the forum admin area, you are presented with a left hand frame which contains all the admin links and a right hand frame that delivers the content based on which admin link is selected.

The problem with this one admin file is that when I click its link in the left hand frame it adds another left and right hand frame to what should be the left hand frame. I have compared this forum admin file to the others and also to other pre-existing (core) forum admin files and I'm just not seeing anything untoward so I'm hoping someone here has already had this problem and more importantly remember what caused it.

For the sake of completeness, the admin file has this code at the top
Code:
if (!empty($setmodules))

{
   $file = basename(__FILE__);
   $module['Spam_words']['Configuration'] = $file;
   return;
}

If I coment some of that out, so it looks like
Code:
//if (!empty($setmodules))

//{
   $file = basename(__FILE__);
   $module['Spam_words']['Configuration'] = $file;
//   return;
//}

I can get the admin page to work BUT it is compressed into the second left hand frame - so what I see is the normal forum admin menu in the left hand frame, then another narrow left hand frame with the correct content I'm after, then the normal right hand frame displaying the defualt data instead of the content thats in the second left hand frame <sigh>.

If anyone has any idea's I sure would appreciate them.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:45 pm Reply with quote

No ripping here... Unfortunately, I am not a BBtoNuke expert. However, I see that the Forum admin is using frames, so the target of all links, have to reference the right-hand frame. Sounds like either there is some header(); call that is pulling in again the base frameset page (and, unfortunately, I have no idea where that is or how phpBB is controlling this)... sorry... no help, I know.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quote

I'm no expert either but the potential just grabbed me and I had to give it a shot. Apart from this one issue, its working fine for my personal use but I could never release it with this problem.
Shame, as it will finally put an end to forum spam.

I'll take another look at it tomorrow, hopefully fresh eyes and a clear head may help.
I looked for how it differentiates between left frame and right (main?) frame but no joy yet so I guess I'll have to dig deeper.

Thanks for the reply though Montego, it is appreciated and does help me prioritise on where I should be looking.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quote

The code does look right. Perhaps I could take a look at the files, if you want.
Just email them my way and I'll see if I can duplicate it

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Now that's an offer I cannot refuse!
I'l zip 'em and send them later (after some Zzzzz).

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:20 am Reply with quote

Zipped and sent

jjh221
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:01 am Reply with quote

whats a must have? im confused lol sorry. Is this something for raven nuke? or a new phpbb to nuke thingy. I dont know does it have anything to do with the index_frameset.tpl file?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:03 am Reply with quote

It is a phpBB mod Guardian is porting to use in Nuke. From what G's told me it should hopefully prevent forum spam.

jjh221

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:17 am Reply with quote

cool.

Could someone help me figure out where the file is for the left pane?

edit: nm think i found it in index_navigate.tpl not sure where it gets its catrow (?) information at.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:16 am Reply with quote

jjh221 - thanks for that I'll take a look at that one.
Evaders99 provided a temporary solution but as yet I have not found the reason why it behaves as it does. I'm guessing it is either related to the array name 'config' or has something to do with the files filename but I have had to put the project on hold to keep up with Raven Nuke.
If your interested here is a run down; [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jjh221

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:32 am Reply with quote

Feedback: this sounds like a great idea. Do you think it would be possible to allow this mod to only work in certain forums? say there is an "anything goes" forum.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quote

Yes it can be configured on/off for any forum Wink
Quote:
Description
Allow admin to set any number of 'bad words' which will be detected when a user makes a forum post and then carry out a prescribed action based on the scripts configuration.
Bad words are detected in subject, message body of post as well as within BB Code tags, signatures etc.

Config Options

Allow admin to create a list of bad words. This can be individual words or words from any existing bad words list (must be a comma delimited list).

Option to turn on/off bad word detection on a per forum basis

When a bad word is detected ONE of the following can be actioned;
1 Flag the post for admin approval and hold the post 'pending' so it does not appear in the forum.
2 Show a configurable message to the user informing them of their transgression and the actual bad word they have used.

Set a configurable number of times the user can make posts with bad words before banning them by username (you can also select to ban their IP as well).

Option to allow administrators to post bad words.
Option to allow Moderators to post bad words.
Option to allow any registered user to post bad words.
Option to allow any registered user who has made xx number of posts to post bad words.
Option to send the user a PM warning them of their transgression.

Fully configurable 'Warning' PM message.

Fully configurable 'Error' message to warn user at the time they make their forum post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke Mods

View next topic
View previous topic