Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Upgrading Nuke
buildingmaster01
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote

So my account with my current host has been wiped clean. I hadn't visited the site in a few weeks and now it is completely empty. I have my database backed up from two months ago, but a lot of my core files are old (say nuke 7.6ish).

Is there any easy fix to bring my site back using the old database and up to date at the same time?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quote

Why was it wiped clean? I would make your host get you back up and running like you are paying them to do and THEN I would look into what it is you want to upgrade to.

Of course, I am somewhat biased being on the RavenNuke Team, but if you are 7.6 or below, the upgrade shouldn't be too bad to that. I was able to upgrade my old 7.5 site relatively quick about a year back. Others have had this same question in terms of upgrade or migrating to RavenNuke, so there is a lot of help already in the forums to get you going.

buildingmaster01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quote

You know that is a good question. I am waiting for an explanation on that before I pay them.

buildingmaster01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote

Well I have my site back up again. When I try to log into admin.php, I can't get past the authorization window that pops-up. I went into phpmyadmin and changed my phpnuke admin password and cpanel password, but I cant get past the authorization window. How do I turn that thing off since it isn't recognizing me?

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quote

This is in your .htaccess file. Temporarily comment out these lines of code (or similar lines):

# <Files admin.php>
# <Limit GET POST PUT>
# require valid-user
# </Limit>
# AuthName "Restricted"
# AuthType Basic
# AuthUserFile /path/to/your/.staccess
# </Files>

If that does not do it, then you are using HTTPAuth with NukeSentinel and you will need to go into phpMyAdmin, the nuke_nsnst_config table and change the value of the "http_auth" parameter to 0 ("zero").

But, I wouldn't run it this way for long. That tells me that you had NukeSentinel configured previously, so I would suggest installing the latest version of that from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] so that you have the admin.php file protection while you work on figuring out what to do next with your upgrade.

buildingmaster01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote

Thanks! Yep, I am using HTTPAuth with NukeSentinel.

jjh221
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quote

sorry to jump thread. Im lost again. I un-commented those lines and now i get a prompt. Says to un-comment if HTTPAuth doesnt appear in sentinel menu which it does not. So do i need to do this? if so what is my user name and pass. The one that was emailed to me for httpauth? im confused. like always

jjh221

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quote

ok sorry after reading the how to install file for nuke sentinel... confns.html. I get to these steps:
# Now select Admin Auth List and make sure that all admins have been assigned passwords
# Now, you should see a link that says Build CGIAuth file: -- Click it. That will build your .staccess id:pass file.

After selecting Admin Auth List, my admin user has a set password, but no link to Build CGIAuth is found.

edit: oh i didnt do this before and all worked.? not a good idea?

edit2: omg im an idiot!!!!! my path to .staccess file was type wrong. I suck at spelling. Ok off to build file!

all works, perhaps i should have read everything first huh. Rolling Eyes Embarassed

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quote

RTFM Very Happy

jjh221

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:18 am Reply with quote

Very Happy boxingself Cheers

:moon:

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote

ROTFL Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Upgrading Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic