Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
blith
Client

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:09 pm Reply with quote

I have a file of pdf files that I would like to display the name of on a page. When the name is clicked on it will open the pdf, if the person doing the clicker has adobe reader. Can someone help me out with this? Also, when I upload a new pdf file to that folder I would like the name of the file to be added to the clickable list. is this possible? Thank you one and all.

Tao_Man
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quote

there was some work on something very much like this [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

srhh
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote

NukeWrap can provide a somewhat similar function, but the PDF will probably be wrapped in your Nuke site rather than just popping up a new window. It's worth a shot until you can find another module that will more specifically fit your needs.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote

While a module to do this "automatically" can certainly be written and the link that you were given to directory list scripts might be fruitful, there is a simple way to do this that doesn't involve any programming. Let's say you put the pdf files in a directory on your server and call it /pdffiles.

Now create a html page that simply has (I'm going to use brackets for the html tags rather than < and > to avoid getting into trouble with bbcode) something like

{a href="/your_root/pdffiles/file1.pdf" target="new"}file1 or any descriptor you want{/a}

and on. Just add lines to this as you add files to the pdffiles directory. Basically adding lines could be a copy and paste operation. If you don't absolutely need a module, just stick the file down in the content area.

And yeah, if you had a directory reading script you could auto-generate this and if you are dealing with hundreds of constantly changing files you might want to do it that way, but make sure the benefit is worth the cost first.

blith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:51 am Reply with quote

Thank you for all the replies. I will look into this further and make sure I need the module. Will post back if need be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic