Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
Pmoney
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote

I had a 3 users that I added to the moderator group via the phpbb administration.
I saw that they weren't in the regular nuke group administration as being in the Moderator group.
I deleted them out of the group in phpbb, and then added them in through the nuke administration. 2 of the users worked correctly, they are moderators in phpbb and the nuke side.

However, the menu to add members to the group will not let me check the box next to the third name. It is acting like he is already a member of the group, but he isn't.

Is there something in the database I could clear out so I can add him back in?

The only thing I think that was different with this user is that they requested to be in the group through phpbb, the other 2 I added myself initially.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:23 pm Reply with quote

Pmoney, are you able to post a screen shot of what you are seeing? I have not had issues with this, that is why I ask.

Pmoney

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote

I can't check this box, the only other boxes I can't check are already members. This user "Big_Country" is not a member of the group.

montego

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Hhhmmmm... interesting. Well, the only time that I can recall where you cannot check one of these checkboxes is if the user is already added to the group, or if that user id is the moderator for that user group. However, I have never allowed users to request through phpbb access to groups. I have always had that feature turned off (non-public groups). Sounds like it may be a bug in NSN Groups.

Unfortunately, I will be unable to look at this until sometime tomorrow morning.

Pmoney

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote

Yes I didn't notice that I could make it private until he had already requested membership.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote

Try declining his membership request and see if that will allow you to add him manually.

Pmoney

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote

I already allowed him to be a member of that group. Buit it didn't add him on the nuke side of things, just the phpbb side. So I deleted him on the phpbb side out of the group.

Now I can't add him back.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Pmoney, did you ever get this resolved?

Pmoney

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quote

No, I'm still waiting for someone that knows more than me to chime in Smile

I did see today that this users name shows up in green on the main forum page, indicating that he is a moderator.

I'm going to look at the database tables tonight and see if there is something in there I can change to make it right.

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote

I would look directly at the database tables and make appropriate updates where necessary - nsn_groups table will give you exactly what groups he appears in and if he isn't in the particular group, add him manually and see what happens.

-sting

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Pmoney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:17 am Reply with quote

Yes, the nsn_groups table appears to have the incorrect gid in it for him.
I will change it tonight and see what happens.

Pmoney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote

I fixed that table "nsn_gr_users"
It put the user back into the correct groups for the nuke side.
However, it will not let me expire him from that group. What would cause this?

sting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:29 pm Reply with quote

It seems like this has been the case for me on site admins or forum moderators for some reason, but again, I disclaimer on the basis of severe sleep deprivation.

-sting

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic