Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.9
rafamp
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:24 pm Reply with quote

how can i downgrade, 7.9 is not workig properly here :$

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Please search the forums before posting from now on. A search on downgrade would have easily answered your post Smile
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Vchat20
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote

but does it work going from 7.9? all it says is 7.8. ive been meaning to do this downgrade as well, but unsure due to running 7.9

rafamp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote

Dear Raven, thanks for the script, but, like Vchat20, i need to be sure it will work in 7.9 to 7.7....

Sorry for inconvenience

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote

The easiest way to find out is to set up a test/mirrored site of your production site and just try it. I forgot that Bob's utility was for 7.7 and 7.8. I'll see if I can get him to chime in here.

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:04 pm Reply with quote

Since I wrote the downgrader, yes it works with 7.9 as well. The only changes between 7.8/7.9 database was the version number change and data updates that it won't remove. The data changes need to be kept anyway, they correct a problem in Contents and Reviews data.

Vchat20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:18 pm Reply with quote

thx a bunch. ill be doing the downgrade on both of my sites immediately and adding on sentinel afterwards.

P.S. (regarding sentinel) is it by any chance possible to have both sites share the same sentinel data? both sites are pretty much linked including sharing the same db. just figured it would be nice to keep the synchronized data and it would also save on space.

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:19 pm Reply with quote

Yes, if you have the same db with the same prefix then they will share the NukeSentinel data. Only thing is they won't share the same .htaccess and .staccess files.

Vchat20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:37 pm Reply with quote

ok. maybe you can help me out here. i tried downgrading both my 7.8 site and 7.9 site (both patched. no massive addons such as seninel or the like. only "oddity" is that they share the same database to be able to share user tables).

the 7.8 site i downgraded first. allit said was that altering the modules table failed. i checked the code and the only reference i could find was to drop the wysig_status. ill check the mysql manually and if its there i will remove it myself. no biggie.

now on the 7.9 site, it had 3 failures. 2 on the users table (again, this is shared and is set with the 7.8 site as the mother site) and the modules table again (assuming the same as above).

any ideas? should i be concerned? thx Smile

EDIT: after thinking rationally, i figured that the users error came about because the changes were already made in the 7.8 downgrade so there was nothing to be changed the second time around. correct me on this one.

EDIT #2: double checked and no references to wysig)status in either sites modules table. som im assuming the database downgrade went fine and im clear to upload the files in place of the old ones? (btw, im using what appears to be an already patched nuke download off of here. if theres going to be any conflicts here, let me know.)

BobMarion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote

Quote:
EDIT: after thinking rationally, i figured that the users error came about because the changes were already made in the 7.8 downgrade so there was nothing to be changed the second time around. correct me on this one.

Exactly what I was going to say Smile

Quote:
EDIT #2: double checked and no references to wysig)status in either sites modules table. som im assuming the database downgrade went fine and im clear to upload the files in place of the old ones? (btw, im using what appears to be an already patched nuke download off of here. if theres going to be any conflicts here, let me know.)

The missing field was in one of the "Patched" versions which is why it tries to remove it if it's there. Otherwise you get the error saying it wasn't there to be removed. Not a problem.

Now that you have run the downgrade script you will need to upload 7.6 packages to your sites so that the scripts match the downgraded database.

rafamp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:32 am Reply with quote

BobMarion, thanks a lot! but, let me see if i understood:

1. Use your script and convert
    2. Download Nuke 7.7 and upload the files to the site overwriting it
    3. Just use your site as 7.7 Smile

Correct?

Vchat20

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote

yep. worked that way for me.

rafamp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:01 pm Reply with quote

a'right i will try and post results

sittingduck
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:08 pm Reply with quote

I just downgraded my 7.9 patched 3.1 site with Mr. Marions script, and it worked great. I got the error on the users and module tables as well.
Had to re-upload the userinfo block files, and edit the language file, but other than that and uploading the 7.6 package, it was slick as snot. Smile
THANKS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.9

View next topic
View previous topic