Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
Vchat20
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:40 am Reply with quote

just curious on this one: is it possible for multiple, separat nuke sites to share a single nuke_users table? this way the user's login and personal settings are trnasportable across each site.

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:27 pm Reply with quote

You would need to host the database tables for all sites on one database each set of tables with their own prefix but sharing the same user_prefix on all sites, that way all user info would be pulled from only one users table.

Vchat20

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:25 am Reply with quote

ok. yeah. i did read that in the howto pages on the official phpnuke website and from what i read it does exactly what i want. but im having trouble here. heres my two websites:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
-and- [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

the TLD is the original site i have already established. the subdomain is the one im starting up and want to share the user database with. i edited the config file for the subdomain site. heres the related section:

Code:
$dbhost = "localhost";

$dbuname = "pokeocom_sq";
$dbpass = "****";
$dbname = "pokeocom_sq";
$prefix = "ksim";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "SStgF54$3@+%288-982%/(-derThsR-23";
$gfx_chk = 3;
$subscription_url = "";
$admin_file = "admin";
$tipath = "images/topics/";
$nuke_editor = 1;
$display_errors = true;

pokeocom_sq is the database where the original site was installed to. it got installed under the default 'nuke_' prefix. i also made sure to edit the nuke.sql before uploading so it added the fields in the database under 'ksim_'.

basically what its doing (i assume from what the site is showing) is assuming the nuke_ prefix despite having changed it in the config.

any ideas on whats going wrong?

btw, the TLD is running nuke 7.7 and the subdomain is running 7.9

Vchat20

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:48 pm Reply with quote

ok. i think i figured it out somewhat. cuz i ended up moving the line $prefix = empty($user_prefix) ? $prefix : $user_prefix; out of config.php and the site is working. mind informing me what exactly that line does and why its needed? it was an educated wild guess considering it had $prefix = at the beginning and inside it had $user_prefix so it probably had something to do with it.

chatserv

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote

The line would set all prefix related variables to user_prefix, i guess i uploaded that change by mistake so i'll take it out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic