Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
blaci

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:01 pm Reply with quote

This system doesn't like me. I did a whole new installation. Database latin1_swedish_ci
I didn't touch the files. Not for language files either. I turned on the Hungarian language everywhere. Both in the administration menu for profile editing and in the forum administration. After that, as a user, I can't create new topics. The page will load I fill in the topic and text box and then click submit. He throws it back to creation without an error message. What should I do to make the forum work properly in Hungarian?
Thank you in advance for your help.

blaci

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:16 am Reply with quote

I was able to figure out that the module / Forum / language / lang_hungarian / lang-main.php has something to do with the error. If I replace this file with the English lang_main.php file, this error will not occur. In this case, however, the characters ŰŐ etc do not appear in the topic box.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:11 pm Reply with quote

Let us start from scratch with some infos about your used php-version and your used database-application. Do you use mysql or maria-db?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Hello! mysql and php 7.3

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:54 pm Reply with quote

I have to test it at the next weekend with hungarian-language files. But I'm using for my german umlauts the database collation: utf8_general_ci but do not change in this case the Content-Type within the _CHARSET constant in the hungarian language-file. The _CHARSET constant should be:

php Code:
define('_CHARSET','ISO-8859-1');

Otherwise you will risk a database collation mismatch which could cause your described issues.

blaci

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:12 pm Reply with quote

Do I understand correctly? Set database matching to utf-8?

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Yes but only the database collation, not the Content-Type!

Last edited by neralex on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total 
blaci

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it didn't work out. Database matching was set by utf8_general_ci. The Hungarian language file is ISO-8859-1.
Still, the same problems as before.

blaci

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, my service provider once switched to a database application. You forgot to notify me. Now I noticed that it is no longer mysql but MariaDB. Could this be the cause of the error?

neralex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 pm Reply with quote

There is a known issue with MariaDB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic