Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHPBB
Mrtank

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:03 am Reply with quote

with the ravennuke 2.51 what phpbb mods can I use that won't conflict, not asking for a list,
I just wondering can I use all of phpbb2 mods/hacks templates ect.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote

No, phpbb2 mods would have to be ported to the phpbb2nuke used in RN. Even the standard mods for phpnuke will need some modifications. In RN, most of the files that were spread out in the core of the CMS were moved into the forums module so included files in the mod would have to have the path changed to match the RN location of those files. Not all mods depend on included files. Those should work, but again it is hard to say for sure. I have a few on my site that I have used in the past with RN and other sites also have mods for RN forums.

Here is a link to my site. Forum Mods
I included pdf files with instructions on some, others have a text file in the downloads with directions. Always, always, always back up your site before you start modifying it. It is best to do it on a copy of your site on a local test server like Xampp or Ampps. I can speak from experience, you will make mistakes and want to start over a few times, so do it on a test site to make sure it works before you upload it to your production site.
As far as themes go, the forums templates are included in most of the themes. The ones for phpbb2 will not work with the forums in RN.

Some other sites with forum mods are: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote

Thanks Nuken , appreciate that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHPBB

View next topic
View previous topic