Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
tourniqu3t
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quote

Hello, it's been a long time. I was checking clanthemes site out. I noticed that many themes are out of date. They were created in before 2010. I haven't seen any in 2015 or a year ago.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:38 am Reply with quote

RavenCMS, which is under development right now, is going to use Twitter Bootstrap as the theme engine. I doubt anyone is willing to invest the time to make themes that are going to be obsolete in a few months. You can see some images and keep up with development at RavenCMS Facebook Page

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:42 am Reply with quote

Is that all? I thought there are tons of new themes.

nuken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote

RavenCMS has 17 new Bootstrap themes include with it, but any bootstrap can be made to work with the CMS. http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/ftopicp-164954.html#164954

tourniqu3t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:39 am Reply with quote

When will it be released?

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:29 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote

Thanks! I would have to wait for Raven CMS. And I want to know if the other theme like this is compatible with RPN v2.51.0. Is it?

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:47 am Reply with quote

// V-BlueBaby 1.0 free theme
// Original Author of file: Brumie - vipixel.com
// Purpose of file: Free PHPNuke 5.6 theme
// Developed at VIPixel.com
// Copyright © 2002 by VIPixel All Rights Reserved
// License: GPL/GNU

Besides these facts it would need much love to convert it for RN but would make it really sense to convert an sooo very old theme like this to RN?

Maybe you will find here themes like this:

tourniqu3t

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:58 am Reply with quote

I checked that out, Neralex. There's no options for me to get the theme from that page.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote

tourniqu3t, tell me which one you want....

tourniqu3t

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
tourniqu3t, tell me which one you want....

I noticed that many themes have problems with NavNuke. It shows white box on it. V_Bluebaby looks nice. It doesn't have any themes for forums through. I would have to look for themes for the forums.

Mtechnik_Ultra, V_bluebaby, Acidtech

I have to get V_bluebaby cause my friend can't read words.

Thank you!

neralex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:20 am Reply with quote

tourniqu3t,

V_bluebaby is very old theme from 2002 for a very old Nuke version (5.6). RN was based on Nuke 7.6 at the beginng but since more than 6 years is RN far away from the own source. It's very strong modified over the last years. Certainly it is possible to adapt such an old theme that works with the current version but it will cost a lot of hours and is not easily done with a few changes to the code.

On a theme like this you have to change every codeline, you have to add new things like the nukeNAV integration, PHP filterings and when you have all this changes done then you have to build a new forum template that would be costs also some days. At the you have a work of many days behind you but it stays an theme on a very old web-standard (13 years old), far away from responsive and mobile-friendly techniques.

If you really want to use this 13 years old theme, then have a few options:

1. Find a developer to let rebuild it for money. As nuken mentioned: "anyone is willing to invest the time to make themes that are going to be obsolete in a few months."

2. Compare the code from working themes of the current release and try to understand how it works. Try to make own changes - try and error. For sure this way needs much time but this is the best way to understand it. On this way you would learn the basics of PHP, HTML etc and maybe at the end you would start to create a own theme. The package of RN25x is Open Source software and you can change what do you want.

I choosed the 2nd way for many years ago (ca. 10 years) without having made a study of it. On this point i got the same problem like you with old themes. I tried to understand it, has played with the code on a local environments like WAMP or XAMPP, has crashed so many local installations, has started to expand the code on different places - themes, modules, blocks etc.

The results of all these hours in my free time are for example some own modules, addons and a own valid HTML5 theme for my hobby-project. Maybe it's not perfect, for sure it needs much more love for responsive and mobile-friendly techniques. But these missed things will be finished with the RavenCMS.

My suggestion until then: If you don't want spend so much time in the understanding how the code works and don't want pay money for that, then use a working theme and modify it on your own preferences until RavenCMS is ready to use. It's for all here easier to help you to modify a working theme as someone have to rebuild a complete theme for you. We are doing it here in our free time - this is our hobby.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:31 pm Reply with quote

:clap: neralex

tourniqu3t: I spent lots of time on my theme. I even made a CSS Logo.

Take a look at my site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Do not forget to validate your site when u upload an old theme. That's why it is always recommended to use Ravennuke's theme.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic