Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
ricktido
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:44 am Reply with quote

I would like a mod like this:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I couldn't find one for bbtobuke or phpbb2...
TTG uses this...

Example: "less than a minute ago..., 3 minutes ago, yesterday, 12:27 PM, and then after "yesterday", it shows the date of a posted post or topic, "April 29, 2013", etc.

Relative time.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote

I had thoughts about implementing something like this in the future, but it would be JavaScript based. Although I'm not working on any mods/addons until we get our next release out the door; as so much is changing/improving..

ricktido

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
I had thoughts about implementing something like this in the future, but it would be JavaScript based. Although I'm not working on any mods/addons until we get our next release out the door; as so much is changing/improving..

So should I not even bother starting with and heavily modifying my RN 2.51.00? Should I wait for 3.0? Is there a list of planned features in 3.0 and any estimated release date?

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote

yes, yes, yes, and no... lol Smile

In your situation I would probably spend some time learning with 2.51 and hold off with any major modifications / site building for now; and wait for 3.0. If you stick with it you'll get better, and you'll often find the code you wrote a few months ago is lame, and you'll want to rewrite it anyway Smile

As for 3.0, I can't give you any kind of timeline.. so it's up to you what you do. Part of the reason the last release schedule was long was we had 2 versions in development, so there was already a good deal of work done on 3.0 prior to the release of 2.51. But there is still much to do....

ricktido

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:

As for 3.0, I can't give you any kind of timeline...

Thanks for your response. Do you know is if 3.0 will be released in another year, or less? I don't need an exact date Very Happy I just want to make a decision here, and it could be a big one. Thanks.

Also, do you have a link to a feature list / current change log, if there is one? I couldn't seem to find one. I'd like to see it Smile
Thanks.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote

It's safe to say less than a year. One of our goals is getting back on a regular release schedule, but with the massive changes with 3.0, that policy will have to start after the 3.0 release, lol Rolling Eyes

I don't think we've publicly stated all of our intended features yet. There are many things on the roadmap which could potentially be pushed out of the release (and into future releases) so it's difficult to give a full picture as of yet. At some point there will be some teasers for the upcoming distro which should give some more details.

ricktido

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:28 pm Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
It's safe to say less than a year. One of our goals is getting back on a regular release schedule, but with the massive changes with 3.0, that policy will have to start after the 3.0 release, lol Rolling Eyes

I don't think we've publicly stated all of our intended features yet. There are many things on the roadmap which could potentially be pushed out of the release (and into future releases) so it's difficult to give a full picture as of yet. At some point there will be some teasers for the upcoming distro which should give some more details.

Sounds good! I can't wait!
Will RN 3.0 phase out the use of the Forums profile, as that's the reason editing was disabled for the bbtonuke Forums profile?

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote

What do you mean phase out? If you mean will we edit all forum links to point to your account, then probably not. There will be some UI improvements to Your Account, but not sure if it will include any new features. Better avatar management I believe is on the roadmap, but not sure it will find it's way into 3.0 or not.

If you just talking about adding additional forums data to Your Account there is already a method to do so. For example see:
modules/Your_Account/includes/ui-l10bbforums.php

You can add additional files to that directory named ui-anyname.php to add additional data/features.

Just keep in mind when talking about any custom merging of Your Account and Forums, your dealing with two of the most complicated modules there are; not exactly the best starting place if you are still learning the ropes...... or easy questions to answer "how to" on a support forum. Smile

ricktido

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
What do you mean phase out? If you mean will we edit all forum links to point to your account, then probably not. There will be some UI improvements to Your Account, but not sure if it will include any new features. Better avatar management I believe is on the roadmap, but not sure it will find it's way into 3.0 or not.

If you just talking about adding additional forums data to Your Account there is already a method to do so. For example see:
modules/Your_Account/includes/ui-l10bbforums.php

You can add additional files to that directory named ui-anyname.php to add additional data/features.

Just keep in mind when talking about any custom merging of Your Account and Forums, your dealing with two of the most complicated modules there are; not exactly the best starting place if you are still learning the ropes...... or easy questions to answer "how to" on a support forum. Smile

Yeah, I was told on a nuke support site somewhere, I believe it was maybe TON or MontegoScripts, maybe even here, that "the Forums EditProfile is to be phased out, that's why we have it locked". I remember that, exactly. By phased out, meaning completely gotten rid of.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote

in a perfect world, yes, we would remove it completely; and have avatar upload available in Your Account. In reality, it will be a question of time and which issues fit within our schedule.

Our roadmap and supporting docs are 50+ pages long; and there are many more important issues to tackle first.

ricktido

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
in a perfect world, yes, we would remove it completely; and have avatar upload available in Your Account. In reality, it will be a question of time and which issues fit within our schedule.

Our roadmap and supporting docs are 50+ pages long; and there are many more important issues to tackle first.

Ok, I understand.
By the way, this is what I read a long time ago. Bobby's post.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Bobby:
"The idea behind it is to eventually remove the forum profile and have only the RN user account. We want to remove all module dependencies from RN. The roadmap for RN 3 is still very fluid. The hope is to be using phpBB3 as the included forum but that depends on many things. You may find a better answer over at Ravens site about reversing the changes."

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote

Nothing is written in stone, Ricktido. We are offering a "FREE" cms that is supported by members that have other obligations such as family and work that take priority to our hobby. It takes many hours of work by many members of the RavenNuke team to release a new version of RavenNuke. What can get done and what we want to get done are 2 totally different things.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Nothing is written in stone, Ricktido. We are offering a "FREE" cms that is supported by members that have other obligations such as family and work that take priority to our hobby. It takes many hours of work by many members of the RavenNuke team to release a new version of RavenNuke. What can get done and what we want to get done are 2 totally different things.

Yes, I understand. I was just going off of what bobby has said. It would be great if you guys could get this done, but if you don't have the time, then so be it. You all have a life other than Nuke. Maybe you guys should recruit some more coders?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic