Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
jlajax
Ardent RavenCMS Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote

Greetings good people,

I am having issues changing themes in the 2.5 distro. I have tried in several sites to change the theme and I get the following message. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Access Denied

It does not matter which website I try to change the theme in I get the same message. I do have allow user to change theme set to no. I have tried to change the theme logged in as admin only and get the same message. I have changed the allow user to change theme back to yes and still cannot change the theme in a 2.5 distro once I set the initial theme. Am I doing something wrong?

RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:15 am Reply with quote

Is that a server access denied message? Or an RN message?

I find that one needs to do a lot of browser refreshing when changing themes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote

I believe it is RN but not sure don't see a normal server style error message. I will try mashing the F5 key repeatedly and see if that works.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote

Are you logged in as God admin?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:30 am Reply with quote

Yes I am logged in as God admin and I have tried it logged in as a user and logged out. I have clear all cookies etc... I tried everything I could think of before posting here.

RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts RavensScripts

CodyG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:29 am Reply with quote

Get one issue fixed first and that would be changing themes in Administration, from your Preferences page, you need to be logged in as your God account (or a SuperUser) at yourdomain.com/admin.php. Then in Preferences, when you try to change themes from there what does the error look like?

What theme are you working in? and what theme are you changing to?

It might be just me but "admin.php?op=Themes#topconfig" does not look at all like a familiar string in RN.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote

CodyG, There is a new Theme ACP added since you have been away, and that does look like the correct address. Theme config is no longer set in preferences.

It does look like RN is producing that message for failing the is_mod_admin('founder') in the theme acp. Can you verify in the db that the admin is truly a god admin? Just fishing for ideas....

CodyG

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote

Sheesh ... I'll go crawl under my rock again. Wink

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote

CodyG, I hope not! Been nice having you around again Smile

jlajax, were you able to confirm in the db that you are using a god admin acct?

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote

Interesting thing happened today...

I set up a RN 2.51 site and put an old theme on and got exactly the same issue as jalajax!! No matter what I did, or where I tried changing the theme, I got the same error. Then I tried previewing my old theme (not just changing it) and voila! It all worked as it should.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Just to provide a bit of detail on how this is "supposed" to work in the latest, 2.51 release, of RN.

As Spastic mentioned, there is a new program for previewing and changing themes site-wide that is part of the admin functions. It takes the place of managing themes in preferences. You can find the code in /admin/modules/themes.php. Basically, it checks to be sure you are a God admin before it lets you proceed. That, I am pretty sure is the source of the access denied message reported at the start of this thread.

More specifically, the theme.php program does this:
Code:
if (is_mod_admin('founder')) {

and issues an access denied if you aren't a mod admin of the so-called founder module. I think the use of the "founder" string is an artifact reaching back to phpnuke and should be eliminated but we are stuck with it for now.

The function is_mod_admin is found in mainfile. There have been some fixes to it in the last releases so you need to make sure you have the right mainfile. In that function we do this:

Code:
   if (($radminsuper == 1 && $name == 'God') || ($radminsuper == 1 && $module_name != 'founder')) {

$authmod[$module_name] = true;
   }

Note that $module_name should have been passed in from theme.php with the value "founder" so that either a superadmin or the God admin should be able to change the theme. I suspect that the problems stem from logging into admin with an admin name that is not literally equal to "God" and that is not a superadmin. Or not having the most recent code in both /admin/theme.php and mainfile. Sorry but I am not in a position to try replicating this now.

Check the versions of your code and also take a look at your authors table in phpmyadmin and make sure that the admin id you are logging into has the name of 'God'.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic