Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
j4rdin
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote

I have just found that I have been blocked from my site as both user and admin. I have also tried from other computers and get the same message (see below). I have checked and removed all blocked IPs from .htaccess and the nuke database table. This seems to be generated by Nukesentinel.

NukeSentinel(tm)
You have been blocked from entering this site.

You have attempted to improperly access the admin area of this site.

All of the following information has been gathered to assist the webmaster should this need to be reported to local or federal law enforcement.

If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at admin(at)zenjudo(dot)co(dot)uk.

Be SURE to include the following information in any email!
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.15) Gecko/20110303 Firefox/3.6.15 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Remote Address: 81.174.135.201
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: **.***.***.***
Date Blocked: __TIMEDATE__
Block expires: __DATEEXPIRES__

Looking at the CPanel on my website there is an IP Deny Manager program which has 3 Block All entries that seem to be generated by the following lines in .htaccess but don't show up in .htaccess deny area.

# -------------------------------------------
# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth
# -------------------------------------------
<Files .ftaccess>
deny from all
</Files>

<Files .staccess>
deny from all
</Files>

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Leave this block commented out unless HTTPAuth is NOT available in your NukeSentinel(tm) Admin Panel.
# This code is mainly for use with CGI Authentication when PHP is compiled as CGI and NOT an Apache module.
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Files .staccess>
deny from all
</Files>

As I have had no luck with my host support I thought I would ask the experts. This isn't a new install and my other website which sits in a subdirectory of my main site seems to be working fine.

John

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:58 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
http://rnwiki.ravennuke.com/wiki/How_do_I_unban_myself

Hi nuken,

Yes done all that and still no joy. It seems as if Nukesentinel is producing the error page without letting anyone into the site at all. I have tried turning on error logging in rnconfig and I get nothing at all.

killing-hours
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote

Start trouble shooting.

1. Go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and attempt to access your site "normally". If you can see your site. Good

2. Through page wash... try to access yoursite.com/admin.php . If you can see that page... good & try to login.

Can others access your website? (normal visitors) Can other admins access your website? Using a proxy.. can you access the admin area? (pagewash is a proxy)

3. Have you checked your nukesent. blocked_ip table for you ip address? blocked_range table as well?

4. Did your database get corrupted somehow and mess with the authors table?

Start to narrow down the reason why it's producing that error. These are some of the first things I'd start to look at to narrow it down a bit.

If you don't mind... what is your website address?

j4rdin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote

I get the same result through [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I didn't try my admin because of this. The origional blocking problem was reported to me by a user. The website is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

killing-hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote

Access your database and find the table "nuke_nsnst_config" and change "disable_switch" to "1".

That will disable Sentinel but your issue will remain to be solved. It "should" give you access to your site but you will be unprotected so use at your own risk. If you're unfamiliar with messing with the database or you feel uncomfortable doing this... you may want someone you trust to do this for you.

Seems a bit peculiar... did you change anything recently that might have triggered this?

I'm on my way out the door and I'm just trying to give you the steps I'd start checking to narrow down the issue. I'm no expert so others might have better idea's. Good luck!

j4rdin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quote

will try your suggestion again. No nothing changed but I wouldn't be surprised if my host hasn't messed something up again.

Thanks

j4rdin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Well as you would expect changing the "disable_switch" to "1" fixed the problem, so have changed it back and will have to try reinstalling all the NukeSentinel tables and folders tomorrow.

killing-hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote

j4rdin wrote:
Well as you would expect changing the "disable_switch" to "1" fixed the problem, so have changed it back and will have to try reinstalling all the NukeSentinel tables and folders tomorrow.

Well... it didn't "fix" your site per say... but it gives you access to your site with sentinel being disabled. Glad I could help you this much!

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Back up .htaccess file, remove it and try to access your site again.

j4rdin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Ok after much work comparing my websites and backups with Beyond Compare and hunting through the database tables I finally think I found the answer. It seems that for some reason the proxy_switch setting in the nuke_nsnst_config table had been turned on. Not sure if the blocking was caused by changes to Firefox and IE recently or something my host has changed on the server.

Anyway at present it is working again.

Thanks all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic