Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
j4rdin
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote

What is the default position for the top NukeNav bar in most browsers with RavenIce theme. In FF 3.6.2 and IE8 its in the middle which when the Browser window is not very wide means the right side of the Admin navigation is not visable. In IE7 its left justified and is fine.

Is it possible to left justify it in all browsers.

Also the NukeSentinel right side scrolling block is right justified in IE7 but ok in FF and IE8.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Are you using the stock RavenIce theme?

I believe it should be left aligned, as it is over at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

j4rdin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
Are you using the stock RavenIce theme?

I believe it should be left aligned, as it is over at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Yes using the stock theme, only difference is the logo (see [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Were should I check for the correct code?

jakec

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote

It looks like your image is pushing it out of alignment.

j4rdin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
It looks like your image is pushing it out of alignment.

Hi jakec, yes I can see that and have had a play with the theme css file but can't find the correct combination of settings, I can get the nav bar to left justify, but it then is to low down in the background image and out of alignment. Which css settings effect the relative position?

jakec

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote

I am at work at the moment, but I will try and have a look tonight, unless someone beats me to it. Wink

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:36 am Reply with quote

line 83 of style.css
#head_content img {
margin:0 4px 10px 14px;
padding:0;
}

try changing to
#head_content img {
margin:0 4px 0 14px;
padding:0;
}

and for sentinel scrolling block, the content is wrapped in a <center> tag that IE7 isn't recognizing. You could remove from the block and it should justify left.

j4rdin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Thanks all that has sorted out the NukleNav positioning in the header, it would be useful if someone could put some comments in the standard RN themes css files to allow us to work out what is going on, maybe they could be added as examples to the wiki pages or to the help files in the download.

As its probably only IE7 that is showing the sentinel scrolling side block as right justified I will not modify the block, it would be just something else to remember next time I have to upgrade.

jakec

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:12 am Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't get chance to help, thanks spasticdonkey.

BTW I would highly recommend Firebug for Firefox which allows you to inspect webpages and helps you to work out what classes and ids are effecting the content.

j4rdin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:18 pm Reply with quote

jakec wrote:

BTW I would highly recommend Firebug for Firefox which allows you to inspect webpages and helps you to work out what classes and ids are effecting the content.

Thanks for reminding me about Firebug I'm sure I have used it before some years ago, probably got lost in the upgrades, very useful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic