Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Themes
mrix
Client

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:21 am Reply with quote

Hello all, I need to remove the old login panel from from the silver bar top left of my front page here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Basically I am getting a fair few members trying to login but without a security code as you know they will not be able to Sad
So my best option would be to remove it and was wondering where am I likely to find the code within the them files and what sort of code would I be looking for?
Cheers all
mrix

floppydrivez
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:48 am Reply with quote

Without knowing the structure of your theme design I am just going to guess. I would start by looking at the theme.php in that theme's folder or something like header.html.

I would assume its under the function themeheader() { area. I hope that helped.

Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:50 am Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the theme your using but it should be located in theme.php. Post the code and we will get you setup.

Thanks

mrix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for the help, I have found the piece of code but not sure what I have to remove ?

/************************************************************/
/* Function themeheader() */
/************************************************************/
function themeheader() {
global $user, $sitename, $cookie, $prefix, $sitekey, $db;

$username = $cookie[1];
if ($username == "") {
$username = "Anonymous";
}
$public_msg = public_message();
echo "$public_msg";

if ($username == "Anonymous") {
$theuser = "<form action=\"/account.html\" method=\"post\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"username\" value style=\"width:100;height:19;FONT-SIZE: 10px;\"><font size=\"1\" face=\"arial\">&nbsp;<b>User</b>&nbsp;<input type=\"password\" name=\"user_password\" value style=\"width:100;height:19;FONT-SIZE: 10px;\">&nbsp;<b>Pass</b></TD><TD COLSPAN=2 align=left background=\"themes/ClanMtS/images/header/ClanMts-hd_u2.gif\" WIDTH=92 HEIGHT=32><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"random_num\" value=\"$random_num\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gfx_check\" value=\"$code\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"op\" value=\"login\"><input type=\"image\" value=\"login\" src=\"themes/ClanMtS/images/header/go.gif\" border=\"0\"></TD></form></font>\n";

} else {
$theuser = "&nbsp;</TD><TD COLSPAN=2 align=left background=\"themes/ClanMtS/images/header/ClanMts-hd_u2.gif\" WIDTH=92 HEIGHT=32>&nbsp;</TD>\n";
}
$User1 = "&nbsp;Guest&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href=\"/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=new_user\">Register</a>\n";

} else {
$User1 = "&nbsp;$username&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href=\"/account-logout.html?op=logout\">Logout</a>\n";
}
echo "<body topmargin=\"0\" leftmargin=\"0\" marginwidth=\"0\" marginheight=\"0\">";
include("themes/ClanMtS/header.php");
include("themes/ClanMtS/adds.html");

floppydrivez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:16 am Reply with quote

Change
Code:

$theuser = "<form action=\"/account.html\" method=\"post\"><input type=\"text\" name=\"username\" value style=\"width:100;height:19;FONT-SIZE: 10px;\"><font size=\"1\" face=\"arial\">&nbsp;<b>User</b>&nbsp;<input type=\"password\" name=\"user_password\" value style=\"width:100;height:19;FONT-SIZE: 10px;\">&nbsp;<b>Pass</b></TD><TD COLSPAN=2 align=left background=\"themes/ClanMtS/images/header/ClanMts-hd_u2.gif\" WIDTH=92 HEIGHT=32><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"random_num\" value=\"$random_num\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"gfx_check\" value=\"$code\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"op\" value=\"login\"><input type=\"image\" value=\"login\" src=\"themes/ClanMtS/images/header/go.gif\" border=\"0\"></TD></form></font>\n";

} else {
$theuser = "&nbsp;</TD><TD COLSPAN=2 align=left background=\"themes/ClanMtS/images/header/ClanMts-hd_u2.gif\" WIDTH=92 HEIGHT=32>&nbsp;</TD>\n";
}

To
Code:

mrix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:21 am Reply with quote

That worked a treat Cool
Thanks very much!
mrix

alien73

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote

good deal!

alien73

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote

To validate xhml correctly you want to make all your html lowercase and add the missing doubles quotes. Also add a / before the image url so [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] doesn't freak out.

Below is the fixed code to validate correctly with xhtml if your using Raven Nuke(tm).

Code:
$theuser = "&nbsp;</td><td colspan=\"2\" align=\"left\" background=\"/themes/ClanMtS/images/header/ClanMts-hd_u2.gif\" width=\"92\" height=\"32\">&nbsp;</td>\n";

Using single quotes is the preferred method with Raven Nuke(tm)

Code:
$theuser = '&nbsp;</td><td colspan="2" align="left" background="/themes/ClanMtS/images/header/ClanMts-hd_u2.gif" width="92" height="32">&nbsp;</td>\n';

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Themes

View next topic
View previous topic