Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
sak
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:35 pm Reply with quote

I seem to be unable to have a password greater than 12 characters when setting it from the administration menu (setting a user's password through RNYA admin).

I need to do some more testing to see if it won't work for user registration or user self-password-change. But for now it's definitely affecting me in admin.
Question

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quote

is the input maxlength="12" ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote

sorry for the slow reply - I'm currently getting ready to launch a huge project. I'm a bit too overwhelmed right now to get to the bottom of this.

gazj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote

modifyuser.php line 145
change
Code:
      echo '<tr><td>' . _PASSWORD . ':</td><td><input type="password" name="chng_pass" size="12" maxlength="12" /></td></tr>';

to
Code:
      echo '<tr><td>' . _PASSWORD . ':</td><td><input type="password" name="chng_pass" size="12" maxlength="'.$ya_config['pass_max'] .'" /></td></tr>';

then on line 146

change
Code:
      echo '<tr><td>' . _RETYPEPASSWD . ':</td><td><input type="password" name="chng_pass2" size="12" maxlength="12" /> <font class="tiny">' . _FORCHANGES . '</font></td></tr>';

to
Code:
      echo '<tr><td>' . _RETYPEPASSWD . ':</td><td><input type="password" name="chng_pass2" size="12" maxlength="'.$ya_config['pass_max'] .'" /> <font class="tiny">' . _FORCHANGES . '</font></td></tr>';

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote

Thanks gazj I have committed the changes to our SVN. Smile

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
gazj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote

no worries im guessing the same should be applied to the creating of new users aswell

Palbin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote

I just checked and adduser already has the proper code.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic