Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.3
whiteknight0571
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:15 am Reply with quote

For some reason, when I go to click on my local install of PHPNuke 7.3, it causes my Apache server to crash when clicking on either the Private Message link on the left navigation module, and causes the same when clicking the message link in the your account page.

The ONLY error code I can find when this happens is from my Apache Server Log as follows:

Code:
[Mon Jun 14 08:47:21 2004] [notice] Parent: child process exited with status 3221225725 -- Restarting.

I also have the SAME problem when starting with a clean install of PHPNuke 7.3 and adding the patched files and sec fix patch from this site. Anyone else running into anything similar? Once again, these are CLEAN installs, and have BOTH the base and patched versions locally causing the SAME problems.

Thanks in advance.

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:30 am Reply with quote

This would seem to be an issue between PHP and Apache 2.x. Are you using 2.x? If so, then you need to submit a bug report to either/both php.net and apache.org. PHP does not always play well with Apache 2.x.

squiresmk
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:00 am Reply with quote

I have had the same problems with random stuff back in the day.

Simple solution:

Upgrade PHP / Apache.

Problem solved.

(download xampp at apachefriends.org)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
whiteknight0571

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:02 pm Reply with quote

Running Apache 2.0.49 & PHP 4.3.6, so it's upgraded to the latest STABLE release as far as I know. Might have to look into it again and double check. Thanks Raven and Burnwave for the quick replies. Just glad to hear that it isn't a PHPNuke issue LOL I'm using Apache2Triad latest release BTW Burnwave Mr. Green

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Try PHP 4.3.7

whiteknight0571

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:40 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Raven. Since I am SPOILED by Apache2Triad and such other "easy" installers for my windblows box Laughing I wonder how hard it could be to upgrade PHP in that setting. Well, been digging under the hood this long to hack PHPNuke files and such, played with the httpd.conf, might as well give upgrading to the newer PHP a go LOL.

As always Raven, thanks for the quick posts, the work on Sentinel, and all those d***ed patches we end up having to download. Without you, Chat, Bob, and the others affiliated here, I don't think that PHPNuke would have gained the prominence that it has. Keep up the good fight. Just had to toss that in there.

squiresmk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:04 pm Reply with quote

If you are running Windows XP, be sure that all updates are installed. I know I had problems with apache/php dying here and there because of the lack of updates I made on XP. If your OS is updated with the latest updates, than I haven't a clue what the problem might be.

Other than that, I haven't had Apache crash on windows via PHP scripts since then.

whiteknight0571

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:10 pm Reply with quote

I'm running Win2K with ALL current updates via the online site. At the moment, I am downloading PHP 4.3.7 to see if Raven's suggestion works for me. I'll also be looking at how to upgrade PHP to make sure I don't loose any of my present settings since they are all integrated with Apache2Triad. Mr. Green

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.3

View next topic
View previous topic