Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
spiers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote

I have a blog that I put up called word press. Does anywhere and how I can change default forum link to link up to my blog?.....I have looked in modules/Forums etc and can not find. I didn tknow if there was anyway In the site or admin area I can change the path so it hyperlinks into my blog in place of the forums here is where it goes now when I click on the forums link or tab

/modules.php?name=Forums

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quote

It really depends on what links your are trying to change. The first thing you want to do is disable the forums if you haven't already. When you say tab I am assuming you mean something that is part of your theme. If it is part of your theme you will need to look in /themes/YOURTHEME and look for what ever file controls the header. Without knowing what theme you are using I can't be more specific. Unless you are using a custom menu block then there really isn't a way add a link to a the module list.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
spiers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quote

I did disable it through the website. The theme was made bu tI hav elooked everywhere for the area where that fourum tab is connected to. But Can I link it also to the forums link in the website? Is there n area for that?

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote

Is it possible to get a link to your site?

spiers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote

yes the is a temp one but works I have not added my domain to it until a couple these little quirks get worked out.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] this is it

Palbin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote

I won't help you until you restore the RN copyright in footer 3.

spiers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quote

I didn tknow I removed it is that the one at the bottom? that is scrolling? I had anoother put some it together so if it somewhere else let me know. I have looked for it but I do not where block 3 is...lol And what is it I put in there. I have fixed the issue with error in the forums but will still put that copy right back in if you tell me where it goes and what to put

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quote

It should be in your Preferences Footer 3. The HTML should be:

Code:

You can syndicate our news using the file <a href="backend.php"><font class="footmsg_l">backend.php</font></a> or <a href="ultramode.txt"><font class="footmsg_l">ultramode.txt</font></a> <br /><br /><font class="footmsg_l"><a href="http://ravenphpscripts.com" title="Distributed by Raven PHP Scripts">Distributed by Raven PHP Scripts</a><br />New code written and maintained by the<a href="HowToInstall/credits.html" target="_blank"> RavenNuke&trade; TEAM</a></font>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic