Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Feedback/Suggestions
spiers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quote

Is there anyway to remove the secrity code when you login to the a raven site. I am new to Raven from e107 and was wondering if that could be removed from the site. Bu tkeep the login for your name of course

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quote

There is a setting in the config.php file.

Welcome to RavenPHPScripts Very Happy

spiers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote

ok thanks do you know about where or maybe should I say what abouts is the code I amlooking for?....so just edit the cfg and re upload it to the proper place right?

Also would be able to direct me to the link on the File session error you get when you try to send a PM or forum message I have been looking for that and can not locate....I also heard there is a way in the modules area to fix that?

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote

It´s not recommendable to set the security code to 0

I suppose your file session problem has something to do with the settings in the forums administration:

Check this:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

spiers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote

ok go tit and finally foiund it I wass adding my domain without the / at the end of the name....

Does anyone know by the way how to send emails to people when a post is answered in the forums?....and if I didnt want anyone to get a confirmation email on sign up....cna I make so they just go right in after sign up?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote

1. Please post new issues in separate threads rather than "piggybacking" on. This makes it easier for everyone to keep track over time.
2. Individual users can "subscribe" to a thread when they post a reply (see the box that says "notify me when a reply is posted".
3. See the RNYA configuration options in RNYA administration.

spiers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quote

ok...but one last related question it seemed to fix my admin end of it ...but to the normal user they cannot leave pposts....is there any reason for this

foot note to this post...well it worked for a little bit....but even i cannot send pm or forum posts....it worked for a couple posts then stopped on its own

would anyone which config.php talking about?..there is the main one I don think has that and one in FOrums which has no room for a security setting...

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:22 pm Reply with quote

Reading back through the thread it appears that you may have a new distribution and may have experienced some problems FTP'ng the files. But that's an inference. You need to give more specifics, what version of Ravennuke are you using, when did you install it, has it ever worked successfully? It would also be helpful if you could let us know more specifically what happens when, for instance, a normal user cannot leave a post. Do you get any error messages? Any symptoms?

There are ways to turn on both PHP error reporting and database error logging with Ravennuke. You may need to try those. We can give you more specific directions if we know more about what's happening.

spiers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quote

2.2 and yes it did work successfully at one time. you getthe infamous session message when you go to post....earlier it posted a couple times fo rme then stopped...I logged back into the admin and it wasnt working again there either...have no clue why would just stop it is not totally ...newer install....but I think 2.2 is pretty new isnt it?

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote

Update to 2.3.0 that´s the current RavenNuke version and open a new thread if you still have issues.

spiers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote

I looked fo rit int he download section here but it only 2.2........i s there a place then on this site somewhere?

jakec

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote

It is in the downloads, you just need to scroll down the page a bit. Wink

spiers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote

Is it the full or the update?...I would want the full By the way I found it after Iposted this...is it easier to install that n 2.2? I had all knds of issues with the previous. I usee107 now and man is it easy to install...lol So I will try this....before when I uploaded files qand qwent to install it it said could not some files like they all didnt upload....you should keep your FTP on binary right?

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote

Personally I thought RN 2.2 was easy to install and it is definitely much easier than phpNuke. With RN I can have a site up and running in under 5 minutes.

Make sure you are using a good piece of FTP software like Filezilla and yes upload in binay.

spiers

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Well then can someone tell me the secret. I get to the tables and click load it all the tables says 0. then it allows me to go to configure the God and pass....after that it tells me this

Unable to Update nuke_config table. MySQL reported: Table 'spiers_raven.nuke_config' doesn't exist

which I do not understand because the databases are there Did I label something wrong here?

spiers_raven is the data base and user also

I do now know .nuke_config mean

here is whatis in config_php

$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbuname = 'spiers_raven';
$dbpass = 'I have';
$dbname = 'spiers_raven';
$prefix = 'nuke';
$user_prefix = 'nuke';
$dbtype = 'MySQL';

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quote

There is no need for duplicate posts. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
spiers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:12 am Reply with quote

I actually posted accidently in here I have the exact same on anotther thread . YOu can delete this if you want. on mysql issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Feedback/Suggestions

View next topic
View previous topic