Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
Poll
Raven Nuke should have a photo album like this?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

fresh
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:56 am Reply with quote

Hey does any one know where i can get a photo album like this?
If any one dont know where to find it i think Raven Nuke should have something small like this Very Happy Embarassed
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:09 am Reply with quote

If you look at that page again, near the lower right of the page you'll see a small copyright symbol. If you click that, it will tell you where you can get that from.
In any event, it seems to be using Googles Picasa API which would be fairly straight forward to integrate.

fresh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote

Yeah i checked that already unfortunately the download page doesn't work

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:54 am Reply with quote

I don't know if I will ever get it finished but here is another example; [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
I still have some wading to do through Google Picasa API as there is a gremlin in the javascript somewhere that doesn't show the list of pictures when you get into a specific gallery but it is CSS valid, XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliant and follows the RN code methodology.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003, hey, this looks awesome! If I didn't have so many pictures to upload, I'd jump on this in a heartbeat. It would be awesome if Google planned on upping that to 2GB of space... I might ditch my plans to use G2 again...

Very nicely done sir!

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote

I've volunteered to help with our villages archive and run their website, so I'm going to be on the look out for a good integrated gallery module, so this could be the ticket. Very Happy

So if you need anyone to do some testing you know where I am. Wink

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quote

Well I actully ripped it all apart and started again so it is extremely rough at the moment , lots of links are not formatted correctly etc but the individual images within each gallery are now accessible.
Have lots to do but it has been great fun and a steep javascript learing curve.

Incidentally, Picasa have a little widget you can download which will do all the file uplading for you - no ftp or anything like that Smile

fresh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:23 am Reply with quote

This is what i am talking about u guys are in to something now LOL Yeah as montego said if picasa update to 2 gb or more it would nicer. But for now this will be my only hope so far LOL
Guardian i can help u with some LOl any tea or coffee?? lol snacks?Razz

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quote

If anyone has a Picasa account with images in it, please PM me your picasa username, I want to see if I can pull more than one account - ergo 2Gb of images Smile

montego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:24 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
ergo 2Gb of images Smile

You sly devil you... Twisted Evil

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:08 am Reply with quote

Well you know what they say...
if the mountain will not come to mohammed, we'll just build our own Smile

Incidentally, my experiments reveal that google is using a server side compression ration of approx 8:1 so in theory the file sizes of images 'uploaded' are treated as 1/8th of that size in respect of their capacity limit i.e. with a 250Mb 'account' limit you can upload almost 2Gb of images.

I'm not sure I will have multiple picasa account functionality within the first release of this, though it is extremely simple to add one by 'repeating' a couple of lines of code but it would be nice to have that sort of support so that it might pave the way for those that want to allow their site users to have the option to add their own albums etc.

Just need to figure out a way to get hard coded text translations within the js file itself as you cannot use a php constant within js it seems. I could create a simple list of js vars which could be edited but thats not ideal.
I'm trying to go minimalist by using a navigation structure based on icons but I'll still need text for ALTs etc.

I could release it as English only but I know that Susann will have me shot at dawn if I do that Wink

montego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:29 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003, I actually use a javascript.php script within HTML Newsletter that is used to generate JS... I have switched this over to use the HEREDOC syntax in the upcoming 1.4 version (yes, I decided to move forward anyway, even though it is PHP4+). Using HEREDOC syntax would just make it very easy for you to embed PHP variables into it... such as a language array... hint... hint... Wink

montego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:31 am Reply with quote

Oh, forgot to mention that you may need to use an extended syntax on the use of the array, for example, something like this:

{$array['labelname']}

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:37 am Reply with quote

Hmm interesting. I had considered switching the file extension from js to php and then just dropping in and out as required but it seemed messy.
I have a look at HEREDOC Smile thanks!

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quote

I didn't make any head way with HEREDOC but understand it's principles now - thanks for that!!

I'm now looking for 3 volunteers to install and test an Alpha release code Gallery module.

jhondoe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:46 am Reply with quote

sorrry guardian2003,but my module, is not an API picasa ... is simply a gallery in php, incorporated in phpnuke
Embarassed Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic