Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues
broose
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:43 am Reply with quote

My server provider decided to move my website to another server, and ever since then i have been unable to upload images with the FCKeditor, i cant even upload to it via [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] if i try to make a new directory it tells me i dont have permission. i have made all directories 777 but still cant

cheers

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:08 am Reply with quote

Permission is the key word. Check your error logs, and you should find which directory it's trying to use. That directory either doesn't exist or has the wrong permissions. If the configuration specified a path on the old server that doesn't exist on the new server - or doesn't have the correct permissions - that would explain it.

Also, if you are comfortable changing / editing PHP scripts, we can give you access to the 2.6 version of nukeWYSIWYG, which changes the path for uploads (though you could configure it to use the old path) and might be easier to work with.

broose

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:15 am Reply with quote

it says this in log file

FastCGI: server "/var/www/xxxx/php-cgi" stderr: PHP Warning: move_uploaded_file() [<a href='function.move-uploaded-file'>function.move-uploaded-file</a>]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpZcAImE' to '/home/xxxxx/h/yyyy/user/htdocs/includes/FCKeditor/upload/Image/fish.jpg' in /home/xxxx/h/yyyy/user/htdocs/includes/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/commands.php on line 193

kguske

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:38 am Reply with quote

OK - so does includes/FCKeditor/upload/Image exist? If so, what are the permissions on that folder?

Also, I removed the key root path info from your post since that could be used by malicious people...

broose

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:20 am Reply with quote

they are all 755, if i try to change them to 777 they all revert back

cheers

kguske

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:10 am Reply with quote

Then you should talk to your host about that if you cannot change them another way (e.g. using the file manager in your control panel).

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:19 am Reply with quote

But it might be that they are running PHP as CGI using some form of *SuExec. In this case, 755 would work just fine.

broose, regardless, checking with the host is the way to go, but definitely find out whether my statement above is true and ask them what is the owner of that directory (or maybe you can find out via your control panel or ftp client somehow).

broose

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:00 am Reply with quote

i will ak them later as i am already waiting to hear from them about something else, well several other things actually.

word of advice "never use streamline.net"

broose

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:24 am Reply with quote

not sure what you mean by "owner of that directory"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues

View next topic
View previous topic