Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Forum Attachment Mod
mercman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote

... with the DeepBlue theme and this mod.

Hi guys!

When installing this mod for the DeepBlue theme, none of the 'attach' files are in the modded\themes\DeepBlue\forums or forums\admin folders. They are in the html\themes\DeepBlue\forums and forums\admin folders.

You have to install all the files from BOTH sections, modded and html, to get this to work with the DeepBlue theme.

At least with the files in the .zip distro; I didn't check to see if the others are like this.

EDIT: BTW, can someone tell me how difficult it might be to get this mod to work with some of the other themes in this release?
I mean, if I knew what had to be done I'd like to try to get it working with other themes that have included forum files.

-Merc

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quote

Correct, BOTH sections are needed whenever you use the premodded files.
This is by design.

The "html" folder is designed to hold all the new files and is not meant to overwrite anything existing. It is required.
Then users can either follow the readme changes to change their existing files or overwrite their current files with the premodded ones.

Basically you will need to install the "html/themes/*/forums/" files as well as follow the readme to make edits to your theme. Exact code lines may be different given the different design of templates.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
mercman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:30 am Reply with quote

evaders,
Thank you for your reply.
I see that this mod was your port, it doesn't get any better than to have the guy porting the mod answer your questions. Very Happy

As for setting up other theme forums to work with this mod, it looks like 'RTFM' works here (as it does with most things). Embarassed
I guess the user guide and I will be spending a lot of time together for awhile.

-Merc

guidyy
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote

There are also some other issues:
I tried to install the mod on my local test site, and my forums no more validate as xhtml 1.0 transitional.
These are the errors
Quote:

line 127 column 298 - Warning: cannot generate system identifier for general entity "p"
line 127 column 298 - Error: general entity "p" not defined and no default entity
line 127 column 299 - Error: reference to entity "p" for which no system identifier could be generated
line 127 column 297 - Info: entity was defined here
line 136 column 298 - Error: reference to entity "p" for which no system identifier could be generated
line 147 column 288 - Error: reference to entity "p" for which no system identifier could be generated
line 160 column 289 - Error: reference to entity "p" for which no system identifier could be generated
line 169 column 298 - Error: reference to entity "p" for which no system identifier could be generated
line 178 column 298 - Error: reference to entity "p" for which no system identifier could be generated
line 188 column 298 - Error: reference to entity "p" for which no system identifier could be generated
line 198 column 298 - Error: reference to entity "p" for which no system identifier could be generated
line 207 column 288 - Error: reference to entity "p" for which no system identifier could be generated
line 290 column 6 - Error: end tag for "div" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
line 282 column 45 - Info: start tag was here
line 290 column 6 - Error: end tag for "td" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
line 282 column 28 - Info: start tag was here
line 290 column 6 - Error: end tag for "tr" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
line 282 column 24 - Info: start tag was here
line 290 column 6 - Error: end tag for "table" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
line 47 column 83 - Info: start tag was here
line 290 column 6 - Error: end tag for "td" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
line 37 column 297 - Info: start tag was here
line 290 column 6 - Error: end tag for "tr" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
line 37 column 293 - Info: start tag was here
line 290 column 6 - Error: end tag for "table" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
line 37 column 117 - Info: start tag was here
line 290 column 6 - Error: end tag for "body" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
line 37 - Info: start tag was here
line 290 column 6 - Error: end tag for "html" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified
line 4 - Info: start tag was here

Beside the unclosed tags, that may depend of my theme, cant figure out the other errors. It looks like an unescaped "&" but I could not find it.

evaders99

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:51 am Reply with quote

It was a direct port of the original files with as little modifications as possible.
At some point it will be XHTML compliant, but not in this release

guidyy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:27 am Reply with quote

Not a big deal: my users will keep using a free image hosting service and then link to it Very Happy. They can wait hehe!....

mercman

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:04 am Reply with quote

Well, I guess taking the time to 'Read The Freakin' Manual' does work. Very Happy
I've managed to get the mod working for the following themes:
Coldsteel
Purity (Flash)
skyLineBlue

guidyy

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote

Oh! I could make it working with a big dose of aspirin and a lot a patience! I'm just being lazy LOL!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Forum Attachment Mod

View next topic
View previous topic