Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
Zlashx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:04 pm Reply with quote

Basically for my guild website I want to put a link in the modules block to our points page and have it come up in home. And it's looking like i need to make a module for this and since it is just a link it should be pretty easy if someone could point in the right direction.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:39 am Reply with quote

For making a new module, I would honestly take one of the existing ones, something simple, like maybe Encyclopedia and pattern off of it. If you will not have need of an administration tool (set of screens to administer the module data), then you can do without the modules/YOURMODULE/admin directory altogether. (I am assuming you are running nuke 7.5 or great.)

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:48 am Reply with quote

If you already have a page that shows your guild points information this shouldnt be hard to do. I know that you can add the link to your modules block with no trouble. Then after that when it is clicked it will take you of course to the page that shows these points for your guild. Now, I assume that the page you want to link to doesnt look as you want or something like that. It sounds like you want when someone clicks that link, it takes them to the information which is in the center of your page with blocks on both sides much like the way the home page looks. Is this correct?

If so, please provide us a way to see the current set up of how your points page is displayed. Perhaps there is a simple way to make things show up as you like. If you do need a module as montego said, it shouldnt be that hard to do. We really could use a bit more information from you though to better help you.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:50 am Reply with quote

come on...im board...id be happy to make this for u...just more detail.

as jaded always says..pics with arrows Laughing Laughing

links to are always nice...too much coffee today guys Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:54 am Reply with quote

lol, seriously, with so many language issues those pictures and arrows and text and links make all the difference in helping someone efficently. I mean it is like when someone calls "stories" blocks and you spin your wheels helping until you realize that they meant something else. I prefer as much detail as possible. Since dark offered. I would take him up on it. Just provide more details~

gregexp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:56 am Reply with quote

boxingself come on...what challenge u got for me?...ohh i need to stop

Zlashx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:52 am Reply with quote

Quote:
It sounds like you want when someone clicks that link, it takes them to the information which is in the center of your page with blocks on both sides much like the way the home page looks. Is this correct?

That is correct. Sorry for the delay but I have found an integration package over on the eqdkp.com site or wowroster.net can't remember.

Anyway yea i just wanted to add a link to the modules block of our website to load something in the center area without navigating away from the site.

zugguild.com is the site(latest ravennuke), the DKP link is hidden until you register if your curious.

Anyway for future use what is the easiest way to do that? The only requirement might be to set permissions on the link itself to control who gets it.

gregexp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:50 am Reply with quote

ok goto my site...and use the module creator...throw the html code in it and it will convert it for u....i have been trying to explain how to make a module by hand for the past half hour...sentinel keeps banning me so im sorry but i really cant go into more detail.

Zlashx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote

Nice site especially the music =p. I'll give that module creater a try looks pretty cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic