Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
colochris

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:12 pm Reply with quote

Hello to all. Before you go out of your way to help please know that even though i am new, I plan to stay around and support this site. Financially and also by posting.

I have read this topic here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

But stillwere a bit confused

This is my problem. I have a plain jane 7.8 php nuke installed with my web host. It came with my domain.

I started to play with it a bit lately and added a few blocks but then had problems getting phpbb to upgrade. So I deleted it and I am starting fresh.

So at this time there is nothing but the new template at my location.

I have downloaded the newest RavenNuke76 v2.02.02

I also have the downgrader from 7.8 to 7.6

I did read the post talking about installation, but it is french to me.

Hopefullt in time it will become clearer for me to understand. I just finished learning css and I am not the best at it still, but alot better.

So here is where I am at. I use frontpage 2003 to upload all of my stuff to my server.

I have the installs, but I have not added them yet to anything, they are unzipped and waiting.

I read that I am supposed to downgrade first. When I open the file with the downgrade there are no instructions, so I do not know if I just include that into my file that has my nuke in it? Or if it goes into a certain file.

When I do get to uploading it, how do you know what version your running so you know that you did it correctly?

Ok so after I downgrade it it asks to

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 - Run the RN76 installSQL.php and only run the NSN Groups option

So do I add the downgrader to my file. My file is named bkcommunity, it is where my phpnuke 7.8 file is and uploads to my server.

So do I add it into my file, and then upload it?

Then it asks to only run the NSN Groups option. This is like way worse than french for me because I cannot find the NSN Groups.

In the sql there are like rn76 files, but I cannot find these NSN Files.

And so when I find these nsn group files, it asks to only run the NSN Groups. So does that mean I add these nsn groups to my bkcommunity file and then upload it to my server? Meaning that my other nuke 7.8 files are still there?

3 - If you need NukeSentinel installed then run the NS table installer

I figure is is about the same question as the last and will be the same

4 - Do NOT run setup.php! You will need to manually configure NukeSentinel(tm)

You will then need to replace your 7.8 files with those from RN76.

Ok so with this would I find the exact same file say like footer.php and replace it? Or do I just delete all of the files in my bkcommunity file and then add the rvennuke 76 V2.02.02 files?

I know that this is like an idiot asking for help. I am completely lost. I do have some knowledge about soem stuff. But this is a bit over my head.

Any help would be great. But if i am asking for too much, I am willing to pay for the help.

I may not have very much, but I would really appreciate the help. I have look at many forums here and I have found some that are close, but not clear enough for my small brain to understand.

Again I do appreciate any help.

Thank you

Chris

colochris

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote

Update

Ok so I have uploaded my downgrader, but I have no idea if it worked.

I also have copied over my 7.8 files with the new files.

I get the error message

There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server - Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please report this to the Administrator ASAP.

We should be back shortly.

So I think Im on the right track.

But the readme file stated that I nned to pint to mydomain/INSTALLATION/installSQL.php

but I just get an error 404 message

I hope that I am on the right track

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:13 am Reply with quote

Never use frontpage it can add all sorts of garbage to the files.
Use a dedicated ftp client, there are plenty about for free.

Before I try to give you a lengthy reply, may I ask if this is a new install?
The reason for asking is that, if you only have a very small amount of data in your existing database, it may be quicker and easier to to just install Raven Nuke from scratch.

Your error message "There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server" could be one of two things;
Your web hosts MySQL server failed OR you accidentally changed the config.php file. config.php contains information that allows phpNuke to connect to your database.

Your second error message "404 file not found" means when you went to yourwebsite.com/INSTALLATION/installSQL.php the file was not there.

colochris

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:12 am Reply with quote

well this is a brand new 7.8 installed. I played with it a bit, but then found this site. It seems to be a bit better.

So I can start this compleyely from scratch. I will not lose anything, because there is nothing there.

I tried to read the help files, but I was a bit confused.

Anyways If frontpage adds garbage, the I will look for a dedicated ftp client.

Thank you so much

Chris

colochris

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quote

Ok so i will try a new install.

I will build a new database.

config my config.php file,

but do I not upload the setup.php file still?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:11 am Reply with quote

colochris, If you are installing RAvenNuke76, just follow the very good setup instructions in the HowToInstall directory. If you still run into trouble, search the forums here first, as many have come before you, but if you still need help, do not hesitate to post back. Regards, montego.

colochris

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:23 am Reply with quote

ok so for me the help gets confusing. I am sure its easy, but for a first timer a bit confusing.

Ok so I have an outside ftp client and I sent the files to my ftp client.

But how do I send them to my database?

or do I?

I see that I need to make a database and I did. But I do not see any files where I made it that I have uploaded

montego

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:29 am Reply with quote

The files under the "html" directory of the distribution should be FTP'd (using your FTP client) to your web root directory (unless you are trying to install this under a sub-directory off your root web directory).

On page "Prepare/Install the Database" of the install manual it talks about needing to modify the config.php file with the corresponding database name, user name, password, etc. If that file is not found on your site, then your FTP of the distribution files was not done properly.

colochris

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:55 pm Reply with quote

ok so I am gettig closer. I know it stated in the installation pages that you need it to say this:

There seems to be a problem with the $dbtype server - Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please report this to the Administrator ASAP.

We should be back shortly.

But with mine it takes me to a raven webhosting page with an image.

So what did i do wrong?

I am getting ready to give up

colochris

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:30 pm Reply with quote

ok so I am almost there.

But here is my problem now

I have uploaded 105 files or tables to the database

but then I am using a myphpadmin software. It told me that I was maxed out of resources

What do I do now?

I get to the setup page and it won't let me create a God user or anything

I also could only upload the nsn groups and the core tables

Anyideas?

I hope I am getting closer

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote

do u have cpanel on ur server?...if so look throught that phpmyadmin and try to see if u have the proper tables.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

have uploaded 105 files or tables to the database

but then I am using a myphpadmin software

Sorry, but these statements have me confused. What are you trying to do with phpMyAdmin? Was this to create the initial database and database user? Is that where it is telling you that you have "maxed out of resources"? If you are getting a specific error message, please post the complete error message (edit out any personal directory "paths").

colochris

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote

ERROR! The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is
User '*****' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000).

oh well I think I finall have it setup. I need to edit it if I can so that it does not have such a long address but one thing at a time

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:27 am Reply with quote

Wow, no offense colochris, but I didn't think Raven could have made the install any easier.

Download latest distro, unzip, edit config.php with database details, upload files to server, run install script and follow instructions.

You shouldn't need to touch phpmyadmin.

I'm at work now so don't have all the files, but I seem to remember there is an easy to follow quickstart guide with the distro.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:03 am Reply with quote

Quote:

ERROR! The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is
User '*****' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000).

That helped. It is a limiter put on by your web host to the number of mySQL calls you are allowed to make in a period of time. Since the installation process has to perform 10s of thousands of SQL calls in a short period of time, that is what was stopping you.

I know this doesn't help you much, but I would switch to a host that does not limit your SQL calls, such as RavenWebHosting. Others have experienced this same issue, but there is very little you can do about it. You must consider if your nuke site is going to have a ton of activity. If it will, then you could still run into this limitation down the road.

Glad you have gotten through the installation process.

colochris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:45 pm Reply with quote

yeah but howmuch is raven webhosting?

Yes I did have the installtion, and then I delted it. I get so frustrated.

I know it is easier now that I have done it a bit. Raven has done a great job to get it all understandable. I am new to all of this. I hope that with this software, it will prevent hacking or at least some bad people from stopping by.

The only other thing I wish I could add would be the site info v2.2? like raven has. I like it because it shows the IP address. I feel that may keep bad people away.

I also really like the Donate o meter. But I am sure that is some special thing.

Anyways I think I may have the hang of this now.

The reason the file manager stopped me from installing some files is because my recycle bin had over 28000 files in it.

Ok well thank you to all. I may have a question or two later. But I am getting somewhere now.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:58 pm Reply with quote

Very good. Just let me help you a bit more... Wink

Quote:

The only other thing I wish I could add would be the site info v2.2? like raven has. I like it because it shows the IP address. I feel that may keep bad people away.

You can get the 2.1.1 version here at Raven's. I believe it is under the Blocks category. However, showing an IP address will do very little to "keep the bad people away", sorry to say. NukeSentinel will help that more than showing the IP address on the site info block.

Quote:

I also really like the Donate o meter. But I am sure that is some special thing.

This is a block from something called Nuke Treasury. You can do a search for that on SourceForge as I believe the latest version might be there. I also believe others have posted in these forums quite a bit about it as well. I use it myself on my sites.

Quote:

I think I may have the hang of this now.

Awesome! :clap:

colochris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Thank you Montego!

You know I had nuke version 7.9 and I did not know any better. I want to be as safe as I can be. It took me a while and I found this site. I would never go anywhere else.

I may not be able to help others, but at least I can support ravens work.

I feel bad bothering everybody, I just want something that will last for a while.

Now hopefully the Nuke Sentinell wont be too hard for me to turn on or whatever.

But for now hopefull my site will be safer than those without it.

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote

if i may...plz dont feel bad.. help is somethin we have ALL needed at one time or the other...and i personally am glad to help anyone who might need it...and i think others feel the same....if u ever feel a need to repay some1(my opinion) when u learn it...offer the help to others.

D as montego seems to have nicknamed me Laughing Laughing

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Every "moderator in training" has to have a nickname! ROTFL

colochris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:08 pm Reply with quote

Oh one problem.

When I am doing my setup I enter all the fields

I use 8 lettered passwords like it said, but it keeps giving me this error

Please fill in all fields.

All fileds are filled in.

Any idea what i did wrong?

colochris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote

Ok just to update this. I installed everything. Except I cannot run the setup.php

It keeps saying that I need to enter in all the fields.

I have stuff in every field and all of my passwords are over 8 characters in length.

So when I go to my site, I go to preferences and I change everything I click save changes and it resets everything that I just entered.

So I take it that I must have to finish the setup first.

Any idea why it keeps saying to enter in all of the fields when they are entered in?

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:35 am Reply with quote

Sounds like it might be an incompatibility between browser and the installer, but we need to find out. If you are not using one of the latest Internet Explorer or FireFox, try one of those browsers and let us know if it works.

I have never seen this be a problem.

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:14 am Reply with quote

Colochris, I'm sure you'll pick it up faster than you think.
The best way to learn is by trial and error! Find the bit that looks like what you want to do and tinker until it works! Very Happy

colochris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote

Ok so I did the setup in firfox and it gave me the confirmation page

So now I feel like I am some where.

But to make sure.

If I delete the installation files, is there anything else that I need to delete? or should I be pretty safe?

Also is Nuke Sentinal mainly for security? And if so is it pretty good?

Well now I am going to take a break.

I tried to add a different template for my forum, but everytime I uploaded it, it made my forum page blank

So maybe I hould not mes with it too much

I like the nuke treasury, but it may take me a while to get it working.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic