Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
scorpious
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:26 am Reply with quote

Hi All

Help needed here. I have downloaded and installed the new raven Version 2.02.02, however, we cannot get the signatures to show only the code shows. We have set everything to allow a sig to be shown but it will still not show.

We have an account with photobucket.com where we link our sigs from.

Any help will be appriecated.

Many thanks

John

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:36 pm Reply with quote

You must be doing it through the Forums Profile and you must use BBCode
For example

[img]http://www.mysite.com/image.jpg[/img]

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
scorpious

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quote

Hi evaders99

I have enabled BBcode in the admin also ticked attach my signature, we have entered through the forum Your Account and placed the code in the sig box and ticked always allow BBcode however, we can still only see the code and not the signature, we know the sig works because we use it on another PHPnuke site. This is the code for the sig. I have removed the first [IMG] or the sig will show instead of the code, see its great here, lol
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Many thanks

John

UPDATE

I have got the signature to work, after aloads of Bang Head I have a 100meg webspace with my internet provider, so, I uploaded the image to there and then in the signature box I place the new code [IMG]http:// new address/angle.jpg[/IMG], went back into the forum and the signature now shows.

The original signature code is from photobucket, if anyone is having the same problem try the above, place the image on another server/webspace as most ISP give you free webspace and then link it too the new address.

John

flid
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Just a note on this. I discovered that if you update your signiture via your account it doesnt always work, but doing it via profile on the forum does.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote

Correct. That issue has been corrected in the upcoming 2.10.00 release.

khaled_dxb
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:27 am Reply with quote

Hi, i was just about to ask about this as it is happening on my site - which i updated to 2.10.01 a few months back! if i update my signature via the "Your Account" it doesnt work, it shows the html code!

so after reading this thread - i did it from forum profile and it worked perfectly... however it got cut way before the 255 char limit? any idea why that would happen? it doesnt get cut if i use Your Account, however, doing that way goes back to problem number 1...

Update: I just tried to add the very same signature here - and it's doing the same thing, it cuts it off just after EF100

Below is the signature code:
Code:

Khaled
[size=9]
EOS 20D[color=cyan] | [/color]Sigma 10-20[color=cyan] | [/color]50 1.4 USM[color=cyan] | [/color]17-85 IS USM[color=cyan] | [/color]EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6[color=red]L[/color][color=cyan] | [/color]550EX[/size]

Any ideas?

montego

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote

All that I can offer is that phpBB is storing some of the characters in encoded format, which can be much larger, and I suspect that the BBCode may be even worse. It seems to me to be a pretty restrictive field size. Sad

khaled_dxb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote

can it be increased at all?

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:09 am Reply with quote

I am sure that it could be, but you would need to do the analysis to determine if there is HTML code (i.e., input tag maxlength) restrictions and/or PHP code which expects a certain size.

(Sorry, don't have the time to do this analysis for you.)

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote

You may want to check in the database whether user_sig is a limited variable character. VARCHAR(255) would indicate it only stores 255 characters. You could change that to TEXT to get essential no limit

loraxx
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quote

I have raven 2.10.01 and the only way I can get my sig to show up is if I enter it in the forum admin panel which of course not accessible to users. Please help I would like my users to add sigs from account and then my info.

THanks !!

montego

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:57 am Reply with quote

loraxx, actually, each user will have access to their own profile through the forums to change their signature. All my 2.10.01 work that way just fine... Wink

loraxx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:22 am Reply with quote

Thanks. I website I was questioning is a new one and currently does not have many members to test.

Thanks again montego. I appreciate your help. Smile

cornishpixie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:53 am Reply with quote

My members signatures will only show text, no images show at all whether they use html or bbcode. They wont work if I try to put them in manually in the ACP either. All you can see is < a> and < /a> (gaps here so you can see the tags used).

I've got html and bbcode allowed, put the allowed html tags in and everything.

One one site it works perfectly, on the other site it won't work at all. Yet both sites are set up exactly the same, on the same host and have the same hosting package. Both are the latest version of RavenNuke.

Any ideas?

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:09 am Reply with quote

Please make a post about this in the 2.3 Forums. This forum is for a much older version.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic