Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL
defibber
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:17 am Reply with quote

I am going to be creating a website for a local Fire Department. I figured the best way to do this would be for me to set up all of the personnel and then E-Mail them thier log-in info. I was going to make a Excel sheet then import it into the Database as users. My question is, what are the different fields and what ones are needed to make it work. Like I saw that some are numerical values and I don't know what they mean.

Thanks

Defibber

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote

You are doubling your workload there unless you already have personnel records in Excel.
If you create a dummy user then look at the nuke_users table that should give you an idea of what columns to create in Excel.
In addittion, if you add columns in between the actual data to hold the delimeters and the INSERT command etc you might be able to use the worksheet function 'concatenate' to join the row data together.

defibber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:20 pm Reply with quote

I have most of it done in Excel. I just wasn't sure on some of the values are 0 or 1 or 2 and so on, I don't want to make everyone an admin or unnecessarily restrict them either. I just wasn't sure what is required to make nuke and the database happy.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote

Create a dummy 'normal' user in the phpNuke admin area and use the data from that table as your guide.
I have deliberately avoided giving you the exact meaning of all the different values as it is not strictly needed in order for you to complete your task and I have no idea which version of phpNuke you are using (assuming you are using phpNuke) or if you have any modules or other third party scripts which may possibly have altered the virgin nuke 'nuke_users' table.

I am not sure how to plan to overcome the password allocation as this is stored in the DB as an MD5 hash. You would either have to use the same password for everyone or create a script that would encode text placed in a form field - or something similiar.

Unless you have a vast number of accounts to create, it might be simpler and quicker to just create them via the nuke admin area?

defibber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:08 pm Reply with quote

Ya, I think you are right. But I see what you are saying. Thanks for the help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL

View next topic
View previous topic