Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
mds
Client

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote

ive just switched hosting and after switching i cant figure out a few issues.
1) If I hit "new post since last visit" it comes up blank.(works ok for me using firefox & IE but not for some unsure of what browser there using)
2) heres the odd thing some people are saying that new posts are not being marked with the icon as new but for me it is just the opposite new posts are showing up but after i read them they still show as new posts plus any new posts i make when returning to forum index page it shows to me as a new posts even tho i made the post or reply.
----------------------------------------------------------------
nuke 7.6 w/sentinal a few add-on modules and blocks but no real altering of the core code except to a specific language file for somaiare menu(sp) and the necesary edits for sentinal to work and dont remember if i used the latest patched version 7.6 or not Embarassed the version its shows in the db is just 7.6
-----------------------------------------------------------
heres a lil bit of other info
1) i havnt changed my domain name to point to the new server yet im using a re-direct from the other server.
2) the files are from a backup that the "other" server created by using the backup option from the server control panel. The site on the other server never had any of these issues until i switched servers i can get you in to the old server still to verify if needed.
3) ive tried deleting cookies, files, cache in firefox and IE
4) ive tried re-uploading the /modules/Forums and themes/all themes
5) ive tried to change the different settings in admin.php/forum/configuration and admin.php/preferences
6) i setup a "test" site using ravens distro and i cant get the forums to show and all the links in the forum like forum faq, profile, etc all come up blank even after i dropped all tables tonight and re-installed using phpmyadmin sql tab
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ive setup about 4 other nuke sites and 1 other with ravens distro succesfully and usually i can figure out the issue but these have me stumped....

any help would be appreciated as its starting to wear me down cause im out of things that i can think of that it could be

Last edited by mds on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total 
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:13 pm Reply with quote

Are users receiving blank new post since last visit logged in? Do they have cookies blocked? Sounds like it might be a configuration issue with the phpBB configuration issue - it may be resolved when you change the domain.

mds

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote

not blank new posts but rather when clicking ""new post since last visit" the window showing just the new posts is blank however there is new posts made when looking threw the forum from there last visit..

Quote:
Do they have cookies blocked?
i will double check with the people that are having the issue but not likely as they had no problems before the move

Quote:
Sounds like it might be a configuration issue with the phpBB configuration issue - it may be resolved when you change the domain.

i changed the DNS info tonight so we will see after that resolves....but as far as the info/settingsing in the forum>>>config....there the same as they were on the other server....so having said that the only setting thats different as far as config's go is the dns pointing....

mds

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
- it may be resolved when you change the domain.

now that the domain name has updated to point to the correct server it seems to have fixed thes issues

THANKS

now Very Happy is there a short explanation why that makes a difference ?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote

I know IE doesn't work well with cookies when the domain is a redirect or a cloaked address. Nothing to fix besdies having a proper DNS

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Snorii

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:05 am Reply with quote

I think I might be having the same problem. I just transferred my phpnuke site to ravenwebhosting. After posting a new message, it remains as a new post no matter how many times I open it.

I'm using 7.9 however. After the DNS works itself out, this should stop?

EDIT: I fixed my problem by changing the domain name in the cookie properties in the phpbb configuration.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic