Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
TAd
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:05 am Reply with quote

Hello all,

With the talk of calendars I have tried many and not found one that provides all of the useful features that I would like, and while some have great features such as webcalendar, and totalcalendar, they are not truly part of the Nuke install. Or in other words, they do not interact with the Nuke database at all, or are very limited. I therefore tried as suggested by others posts KalenderMx-1.4.c. Well this one gets close to what I want albeit sacrificing some needed and or useful tools. So what I am doing is attempting to modify the module to provide the tools I am in need of.

I will post updates to this topic as I progress and ask questions when I get stumped, and I know I will!

A listing of the modifications that I am wanting to integrate into this module:
(I will post edits as I go. Very Happy )

Recurring events.
Adding Email to group on event submission/approval.
Adding Reminder Email X number of days prior to Event.
Adding Event Title to calendar month view.
Google Directions (containing destination point).
Link to "default" or "Home" view.
Some German text converted to English text. (neuer Termin in Event Submit)
Attendee's (Allow members to click a link, which will post to the event on the calendar in event view and list the members who plan on attending that event).
*Note, the above may change at any time due to unforeseen issues or suggestions by calendar users.

I will most likely need aid with the recurring events, but I am all for trying first! Smile

Best regards,
TAd

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote

I am working on a new Nuke module that will have much of what you're describing. Recurring events is a very complex thing - and I've reviewed about 20 different calendars, including the ones you mentioned and more. I found a great one, but like webcalendar, it isn't "Nuked." So, I will do that, and add a few extras, too.

I'd be happy to share it with you as it's developed if you'd like to help...

TAd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote

kguske,

I would be interested in helping, but I must admit I am only a begginer when it comes to coding. I do not feel that I could be much assistance, however I would be very eager to learn. For instance, in the past, I locate something that is close to what I am looking for, and then "add" to it to suit my taste. Someitmes that consists of removing things I do not use or want. If you need help and willing to offer a little in the process I am your man! Smile

Best regards,
TAd

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quote

You can always help by testing and suggesting... I'll keep you posted.

TAd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:18 am Reply with quote

Thank you kguske Razz I can do that, I also do a fairly good job of keeping notes and relaying info. I have been a beta tester for many programs, while nuke is not a program, the troubleshooting is similar. I look forward to working with you!

Best regards,
TAd

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:56 am Reply with quote

kguske - count me in for testing and may be a little coding too (if I can get my head around it).

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:32 am Reply with quote

Sounds great. I'm looking at some cool technologies to integrate with it, but that might take a little longer.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:29 am Reply with quote

I am looking at AJAX right now - sounds like a useful bit of kit.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:44 am Reply with quote

Exactly...

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:50 am Reply with quote

I really need a good Calendar too ... Calendar MX is good, but without recurring events and NuCalendar has recurring events, but isn't very cool.

I'm totally interested in testing and helping any way I can. Please put me on your list. Thanks.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:06 am Reply with quote

Me four! I stopped using Event Calendar because of no re-occurring notices but didn't find any other nuke'd module that I liked!

minya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:11 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] has a calendar that I really like the look of, and it seems similar to nucalendar (which we use now), with the addition of the icons. Pretty sure it's custom, tho. My biggest pet peeve with nucalendar is that the event entering is so clunky. One-time events take forever to enter, and if your recurring events happen on different days of the week, you're screwed. Recurring events are handled kind of poorly in nucalendar, in my opinion, but having them is better than not having them. Seems like when our old website was XOOPS based we had a pretty good calendar mod.. wonder how hard it would be to move it over to nuke. Gonna go dig Smile

Minya [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

minya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:52 am Reply with quote

Hm I can't find the backup of our xoops site. I must have pitched it when we went to phpnuke back in october of last year. Seems like it was either the built-in calendar with invision power board, or possibly we used PiCal at some point before I took over webadmin - it's a little TOO functional for our purposes.

Minya [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic