Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
theduncan
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote

My question is how to use the SAME TOOLBAR for the "Submit News" as is present in the Admin's "NEWS" module, or at least one with an "INSERT IMAGE" feature so that USERS can insert images.

I may have something screwed up, but my "Submit News" version of the FCKeditor toolbar has no options for Insert/Edit images, Flash, page break, insert form, Image Button, button, radio button, checkbox, textfield, text area etc.

I dont neccessarrily need all that but with my users who are allowed to submit news, I have no problem allowing them to have and use all of that,(and i figure it easier to use that toolbar config as is as opposed to altering it to some custom form).

Once I have that up, then I am sure that I will likely have to pay more attention to the folders/files/directories associated with them. But currently they arent options at all.

I imagine that kguske will be answering this so Thanks in advance. You've been a great help already, And I have fixed a few issues just reading through the forums but havent found this Q: answered yet. Sorry if it was and I missed it.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote

Asked and answered. (I may sound like an attorney, but I'm not!).

theduncan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote

Much Thanks.

I will consider thouroughly whether or not to make the adjustment.

I think it will be acceptable since only about 15-20 people (whose intentions I trust) have access to the Submit News option.

Thanks as Always,

You and the others here make using PHPNuke and its additions a pleasure.

theduncan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote

OK, now that I have all that fixed...(thanks to the excelence of this forum)

I have posted another question because now in both "Submit News" as well as "News" (vial the admin) the Preview only renders the title, all content no matter how basic, in the WYSIWYG text/html area is left blank.

and if Post-ed it remains blank.

Somehow something is not allowing the HTML created to be published to the neccessarry location.

My first thought, even though I get no error message, is that I failed to CHMOD something that should be.. but before I go messing with all that, I wanted to ask.

I posted this question in the General Support for Ravens 76ver2 distro section here:

http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postt9039.html

Thanks again all...

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:18 pm Reply with quote

What changed?

theduncan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:10 pm Reply with quote

Not sure what changed.

The only thing I changed was the nukeuser to admin for the toolbar in "Submit News" as well as the size of the Textarea as noted in the forums to give it a bit more space..

That and I had to add a nuke version 7.6 indicator to the end of the mainfile.php so that NIM would recognize it.

Other than that I am at a loss.

It was working as I had a "News" posted telling users to re-register due to my upgrades, but now I can't even edit that..

The edit option is there, and I can edit within the html wysiwyg area, but it doesnt actually affect anything when posted..

It has me a bit baffeled...

Suggestions?? let me know, cause this just became a killer LOL.. A content delivery portal system no longer able to publish content hehehe..

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:16 pm Reply with quote

Of course you made backups, right? Why not just switch back... Really, it sounds like something got message up when you changed something. Retrace your steps to see if you can find it...

theduncan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote

I do have backups.. so I'll give em a shot and see if I can figure em out. (although I really wish I had an extra couple of months to year experience)

EDIT after checking out backups:

Ok luckily, I still had a .txt of the original "Submit News" index.php (Pre WSYSIWYG install) and after simply replacing the current Submit news index.php with the old... It works..

I so at least that is a good sign.

not so lucky with the "News" feature at first

but I DID notice something..

In both the "Submit News" and "News" via admin, (the non functional WYSIWYG versions)

both pages seem frozen on "Read [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]" (bottom of the browser page location indicator.

When "Submit News" has the Original "PRE" wysiwyg index.html (the functioning one) the "Read [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]" flashes with the other pages etc but when finally loaded it gets to the expected "Done"

(using Firefox)

This would seem that somehow the WYSIWYG versions arent fully loading (unless of course that is simply what happens with teh WYSIWYG versions)

Let me know if this sets off any light bulbs for you.

THX

p.s. Just tested replacing the "News/admin/index.php" with the original and it also works.. same thing at the bottom of browser indication.. DONE with orig... READ [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] XXXXX.Com with the WYSIWYG..

I'll wait to hear ..

Thanks

Last edited by theduncan on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:14 am; edited 2 times in total 
theduncan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:08 am Reply with quote

addendum: Same issue with the "Edit" function in the admin's view of the Posted NEWS article.. but I cant figure out the file associated with it to swap out .

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:48 pm Reply with quote

Sorry - I missed your follow up on this. If you send the php files from the modules that aren't working, I'll take a look. Or, if you want to give me temporary FTP access, it might be faster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic