Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro
azism
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:47 pm Reply with quote

Today, for the first time since installing RavenNuke 7.6, I tried using options that are God account only. They don't work. I look at the sql table nuke_users, and the God account name is God and the username is Administrator. I looked at the table nuke_authors and see the user God with a username of administrator.

However, the God account options in NukeSentinel aren't accessable and when I try to do the Edit Admins, I get a message saying Illegal Operation. I have been searching this site for awhile now and just don't see anything that helps. I find something that looks close, but nope, it is not the solution.

I've also noticed the .staccess file is empty. Could this be the problem? As everything else seems to work okay, I don't believe this should be a problem.

TIA!

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:52 am Reply with quote

What did you try to see if it worked and what happened? Did you create an admin account when you installed RavenNuke? Unless you setup admin authentication in NukeSentinel, the .staccess file will be empty.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:15 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
What did you try to see if it worked and what happened? Did you create an admin account when you installed RavenNuke? Unless you setup admin authentication in NukeSentinel, the .staccess file will be empty.

Just a brief clarification. .staccess is only used if CGI Authentication is used. HTTP Authentication will not use .htaccess not .staccess.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote

Thanks. I use both on different servers, but keep forgetting to distinguish them.

azism

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:49 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you create an admin account when you installed RavenNuke?

I thought I did. But, that was just long enough ago, and enough things have transpired since then, I can't swear to whether I created the administrative account or not. I thought it had to be created in order to install RavenNuke. Now I am confused. Confused

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:33 am Reply with quote

First of all, make sure that the admin id you are logged in with shows GOD as the name in nuke_authors table. Then, in NukeSentinel Admin panel you should Scan For New Admins and make sure that the id/pass is set.

azism

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quote

Well, it's like this. The user Nickname is administrator and the user Name is GOD (uppercase). It is in both the nuke_users table and the nuke_authors table. I cannot do a scan for new admins. It is not a selectable option when logged in as administrator (the account used when setting up RaveNuke).

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote

I don't think it matters, but try renamimg it to God

azism

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Hmmmm, yup it does seem to matter. As God it works. Thanks for the assist.
Wave

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote

RavensScripts - I thought that I had come across this before Smile

azism

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:08 am Reply with quote

You may have, and there may be a posting on this somewhere, but when you search for God (or god or GOD), there are a bunch of topics where it is referenced. After looking at message after message, then links within messages, for what seemed like hours (it wasn't but seemed like it), that's when I created a new topic.

It was weird that it worked the way it did in my case. All I know is everything seems to be working okay now thanks to you. And the answer was so simple. Embarassed

Raven, you is the Man! Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> WYSIWYG - Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic