Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote

Ok - on one of my sites I am seeing some very curious stuff, and it has led me to wonder if this particular problem I am seeing may not be causing a few more issues.

One of the admin utilities I use is coming up with an error that basically states it cannot login to the database using this username.

The username it is trying to use is the username that is configured in the gallery 2 configuration instead of the username that is listed as $dbuname in the config.php file.

What makes it even more spastic is the variable names for the database username are not the same between nuke and gallery 2 - one is $dbuname and the other is a longer variable with username spelled out.

What would cause the database to try to pull using the wrong username? Is there an include that I have missed somewhere in the code to specifically reference the config.php file under nuke as opposed to the gallery config.php file?

Its early, and maybe after the 3rd cup of coffee it will come to me, but alas, coffee is scarce this morning.

-sting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Wow. Figured this one out.

Turns out that I had some calls using mysql_query instead of $db->sql_query. Shocked that it actually occurred to me upon looking at the code.

Noticed that I also had a mysql_fetch_array() which works, but wondered if there was an equivalent or different statement I should be using instead?

-sting

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quote

I believe it should work correctly with $db->sql_fetchrow

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic