Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke
ktl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote

Hello all I'm new to the Raven community and I've only heard good things so i'm deciding to give it a try....

I have a phpbb forum version 2.0.19. I wish to install the Raven 7.6 nuke on my website and transfer all the information from the phpbb forums to Raven's nuke. I'm not sure if the 7.6 package comes with a version of phpbb 2.0.19. Can someone please help with this..if it doesnt what steps I have to go through to have a successful transfer of the data. Thank's in advanced! : )

Taz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote

I know the Raven 2.02 distro comes with phpbb 2.0.19, but I honestly don't know if the table names are the same because phpnuke packages usually prefix their table names with nuke_, so the phpbb tables are usually like nuke_bb_config, like so. I don't know what the table names are when the site is just a phpbb site. But, just thinking about it quickly, you should be able to export all of the tables to a text file do a find and replace statement to change the table names and then be able to import directly into the raven php nuke/phpbb tables. Something like Find phpbb_, replace with nuke_, but wait for someone else to tune in on this thread for verification.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:21 am Reply with quote

I spoke with Chat about this for you. He said

do a search for phpbb to phpnuke on raven's site they'll find the transfer script

So, do that and follow the instructions carefully. I have done this before and it works just fine.

Good Luck

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
ktl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quote

Is this the script that you are reffering to??
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

..if so it's dated 2003 will the script work with the current versions of phpnuke and phpbb?

ktl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:22 pm Reply with quote

I went through all the steps and i'm getting some errors:

First Error:

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_login_tries' in 'field list'

I searched the forums for a solution and found following:

ALTER TABLE nuke_users ADD COLUMN user_login_tries smallint(5) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE nuke_users ADD COLUMN user_last_login_try int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;

I ran the script and it seemd to sort of work I can login; however when I log out it shows the page you are now logged out however when it reloads the forums i'm still logged in.
Another problem is when Im logging in the quick way through the bottom of the forums...iwhen I hit submit it woant load the page to login..it goes to the following link [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and i get a page can not load error.

I'd be happy to create one of the admins here an account so they can see for themselves...if that would help please let me know as soon as possible thanks.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Forums login does not work due to the way its integrated into phpNuke. I recommend you just remove it entirely from your index_body.tpl

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
ktl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote

Hmm is that the best solution? Any other takers?

TheosEleos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, is there any way to have forums as home and still be able to log in?

The only reason I'm using nuke for this site is for the security Sentinel provides.

I really want my forums in home.

(hi everyone!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke

View next topic
View previous topic